SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
country_bumpkin_al

I Had an Unexpected Surprise Yesterday AM

country_bumpkin_al
13 years ago

Every morning around here starts the exact same way. I get up, pour water in the coffeemaker, open a can of food for CeCe and put his breakfast in a saucer. Abby waits and watches until he walks off..then she "washes his dish"! For the past week or so, she's been hopping into the clothes basket and sleeping. I assumed it was because the damp towels felt cool to her. So, yesterday morning, she washes CeCe's dish, then hops over in the basker. She starts rooting around trying to get all comfy...but can't seem to stay still. Jumps in the basket, out of the basket..and roots around. Her tail is kind of tucked under her. I check to see what the problem is...and OMG...she's HAVING A PUPPY!! I didn't have a clue she was pregnant. She'd come in heat several months ago and since it was her 2nd heat, I decided to let her have one litter of puppies then have her spayed. Well..she wanted absolutely nothing to do with Jasper! I laughed and told my (gay) neighbors that I thought Abby was gay! lol Matter of fact, after Abby came in heat..their dog came in heat, got pregnant and those puppies were 3wks old this past Sunday! I'm not sure when what happened happened..but this is the result!

{{!gwi}}
After about 4hours and still no more puppies, I kind of got concerned, so we loaded up the new baby and Mommy and headed to the Vet! This little girl was it! lol

Here's the Mommy, Abby

And this is Proud Papa, Jasper

Jasper is full ShihTzu and Abby is ShihTzu/Maltese. Looks like the new baby is going to favor her Daddy!

Comments (30)