SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ams2009

i had ten, yes ten gst eggs hatch yesterday!!!

ams2009
14 years ago

Wish me luck on being able to keep all of these babies fed!!! Ten eggs hatched yesterday, so now I have 17 caterpillars, and I am down to almost ZERO new leaves to feed them. I am trying to get the older cats to eat older growth, some of them seem to have no problem at all with eating the older growth, but some of them don't seem to be too happy about it, they are roaming around their habitat, like they are looking for something else to eat, but, they all have eaten at least a little of the older leaves, so I am hoping that they will stop searching and just keep eating. I have about 4 little places on my dwarf tree where new leaves are starting to grow (thank goodness!!) so hopefully once the hatchlings eat up all of the new growth i have for them, those new leaves will be ready to cut!! And i read a lot on here about the GST cats not eating much, but these cats seem to be eating A LOT, go figure, since I am trying to scrounge up enough food for all of them, they seem to have massive appetites, lol. I may have found another source for leaves too, a lady that lives next door to my aunt said that she will give me Kumquat and Satsuma leaves, i haven't talked to her yet, but my mother told me she doesn't use anything on the trees, so I am hoping that is the case, and that there will be some new leaves for all these little tiny hatchlings, so, so far so good, just hoping everything works out and all of these little cats have enough to eat until they pupate, wish me luck!

Comments (4)