SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flamingo_in_ar

We bought appliances today....

FlamingO in AR
15 years ago

I went to Lowe's to buy paint...and I walked out of there having bought a new Samsung refrigerator, french door thank you very much, a new stove with a solid cooktop and convection oven, and a new microwave. Oy! Oh, and paint! lolol

While they were mixing it for me, I wandered back to the appliances, just to look. I didn't really plan to do this today, but if he comes home with elk meat in Sept, we're going to need another fridge to age the meat and hold it while he processes it. So while I was browsing, Woody showed up and we looked at fridges and discussed pros and cons and decided on one we liked, a big sucker, 25. something cubic feet, bottom freezer with icemaker, and then a guy came over to see if he could help us, a really cute young employee offered us a deal- "open an account with us and no payments, no interest for a year, I can give you that right now AND 10% off on any purchase" so we said "OK, let's do that." lol

He showed us Samsung appliances that matched the fridge we liked (last one they had, marked down $300 because it's a floor model and has a couple little dings on the front way up at the top, over my head, where a magnet will cover it up nicely. It looks like stainless steel but it isn't, so magnets work on it, and it's easier to clean.) Anyway, then we looked at stoves and microwaves and picked out one of each of those. They really are nice looking appliances at good prices.

Sheesh. We had no intentions of doing this today.

And of course, nothing is ever easy. The new honking fridge is TOO TALL! You know those little cabinets over fridges? Ours is about to get cut off, just an inch or so, but imagine the mess this is going to make! Oh, brother. We're not taking delivery for a week, so I can get some things done upstairs and Woody can destroy the downstairs. lol I'm in shock, we never do spontaneous things like this!

I got paint, though, that's HUGE! And I'm getting a $10 rebate on the paint, too. Yippee for rebates!

I'm painting my upstairs craft room/guest room---- lime green! lolol Go figure, huh? How very ... like me!

Comments (13)