SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
berryjam

U-shaped w/ small island or L w/ larger island? Help pls

berryjam
10 years ago

Hello GWers! I've been mostly lurking on this site and I've really learned a lot and have such great respect for everyone here. now I'm ready to get some ideas for my remodel which will hopefully happen in the next year or two.

Background:
We are a family of four (2 children, 4 and 6 yrs). My parents are over quite often since they help babysit. Most of the big family events happen here so I would like a multi-person kitchen. We do cook most meals and usually sit together for dinner. We have an unfinished basement, 9 ft ceilings. Windows and doors have plans to be changed.

The idea is to relocate the kitchen, family and dining in a clockwise rotation and take down the walls between to make it more open concept. We also plan to change the back patio door to a bay window since we don't want the main entrance and back door in direct alignment. In its stead, we plan to enlarge the window that was originally over the sink to be the patio door and/or modify the bow window to become the back door in some shape or form.

Here's the what we are living with currently

Comments (26)