SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimdave_gw

Seating around L-shaped island

kimdave
13 years ago

I'm are meeting w/our architect Monday to finalize our int. elevations. We demoing tiny galley kitchen, removing dining room wall and building an addition for a new open kitchen. The design is opposing L's with the smaller L being an island to define the space.

We have two island plans...

1. A 6' by 2 1/2' granite topped end meeting a 6 1/2' by 3 1/2' lyptus-topped end (making the outside measurements 6'x9') Seating would be 3 facing 3 on the wood topped end. An undercabinet runs the length of the lyptus w/ a 15" overhang on each end.

2. A 6' by 2 1/2 end meeting a 5 1/2' by 3 1/2' end, granite-topped entirely (6'x8'.) Seating would be along entire outer side (8') for four with seating for 2 on inside of 5 1/2' x 3 1/2' side. Inside stools would be adjustable height to tuck completely under counter for either plan.

Any input regarding our seating options? I like the idea of having more seating outside the kitchen but my husband prefers the symmetry of the 3 by 3 design. We are a family of 4 so either plan allows face to face dining as this counter will function as our kitchen table.

thank you!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County