SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tresgirls_gw

No lights in upper cabinets with glass doors?

tresgirls
13 years ago

We're getting close to the end of a major renovation that included a total redo of our kitchen. Our kitchen is now shaped like an L with a large island in the middle. In the center of the long end of the L, we have two 28" cabinets, side by side, that are bumped out by a couple inches from the rest of the cabinets and which have clear glass doors and solid shelves. All other cabinets have solid doors. We plan to store our everyday plates and glasses, etc. (which look nice) neatly in the glass cabinets rather than using them for display items. Due to apparent miscommunications with our cabinet maker and resulting complications in getting in-cabinet lighting installed in the glass-doored cabinets at this point, we're considering not having lights in them at all. We would just have several recessed lights in the ceiling, undercabinet lighting and lights in the hood above our range (which is a Lacanche). The range is in the center of the short end of the L.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who does not have lighting in their cabinets with glass doors whether you regret not having in-cabinet lighting or if you don't miss it at all. Of course, I'd also be happy to hear from anyone else with thoughts on this. I remember seeing someone who had a Lacanche range post on this forum that they like to keep the hood light dimmed over their range in the evening because it creates a nice ambiance in the room. Do you think we could rely on that and not miss the lights in the glass cabinets?

Thanks for your help!

Comments (22)