SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eks6426

Help me design a wood range hood cover

eks6426
14 years ago

So, last night I was watching HGTV and my husband actually watched some of it too. We were watching a Divine Design with Candice Olsen and she did a kitchen. The kitchen featured warm white cabinets just like ours will be. Instead of a stainless range hood, she used a wood cover for an insert. My husband actually commented that he liked the look better than the stainless range hood.

So, I started thinking if I could do a wood range hood instead. Here's my basic layout as it would be now. Range is a 36" Dacor duel fuel. Above it would be a Kobe stainless range hood (9" tall, 22" deep) and above that would be a shorter cabinet. On each side of the range hood would be a 15" cabinet and then next to each 15" cabinet is metal wire shelving that will be in front of windows. The 15" cabinets are important to me because they are really my only upper closed cabinets near the range (I'll be keeping things like oil/vinegars etc there).

Here is the layout although the scale got a bit distorted:

Most of the wood hoods I have seen look very boxy unless they are over huge 60" ranges and done more like a mantal/hearth set up. It seems the ones done on a 36" range, especially if there are cabinets on each side, just seem to add to the bulk.

So, does anyone have any suggestions on wood range hoods that would work with my set up? We are having cabinets custom designed so if I can draw it, I can get it built.

Thanks!

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville