SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstx

Help designing range wall - mostly vent hood

bbstx
10 years ago

The picture below is of my friend's kitchen. She has the same lay-out we are going to have in our new house. However, her vent hood is recirculating and I want one vented to the outside (I've previously posted about this). I have finally figured out how to handle the vent pipe to keep it from being too intrusive in the room.

But here is my dilemma, to have a hood like the one in the picture and get as much power as I want in the vent hood, it will cost me 2 to 3 times as much as just having an ordinary, under-cabinet vent hood. I would prefer to put the additional money toward something else...like heated bathroom floors.

I think I'm going to use the same brand and model vent-hood I had when I remodeled my old kitchen a couple of years ago. It is the Zephyr Typhoon (it is quiet, does a great job, and Zephyr has terrific customer service)

Here it is in my old kitchen:
{{!gwi}}
Totally adequate and totally unremarkable.

I've thought about a hood with an exposed pipe running to the ceiling but with 12 foot ceilings and cabinets that stop about the 8' mark, I'm afraid it will look awfully tall and skinny.

How can I use the Zephyr pictured above and yet have some pizzazz on that wall in my kitchen?

(FWIW, the current color scheme - subject to change before completion - is Rockport gray cabinets, Kashmir white or white river countertops, and an island with either black granite countertop or with a walnut countertop. The floors are a very dark brown hickory. The walls will be Revere Pewter.)

My friend's kitchen:

Comments (10)