SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ell_ee

need help finding a kitchen vent hood for pro range

ell_ee
15 years ago

I need help finding a chimney style vent hood that will work with my 36" wolf pro range and the weird wall angles of my 50's house!!...I know there's a smart person out there that can figure this out...besides wolf, I've tried vent-a-hood and imperial...

height: kitchen ceiling height is 113"...my range sits against a (partial) wall that's 71"H..., so there's 42" of open space between the top of the wall and the slanted ceiling...the range is 37"H...add 30-36" for space needed between range & bottom of hood, so a few inches of the bottom of the hood will be against the (partial) wall or it will clear it...anything above the partial wall on the back side of the hood to the ceiling will be visable from the room on the other side of the kitchen at the open space above the (partial) wall, so it has to be finished on the back side

depth...range is 24"D and mfg suggests min 900 CFMs which require 10" duct...all 24"D hoods I've found don't have nearly enough CFMs...if I try to use 27"D island hood, the base hits the partial wall which pushes it out over the front of the range and makes it stick out into the room...someone will probably knock themselves out!...also, the vent won't be centered over the cooking surface to suck up smoke/steam

if that isn't enough to deal with, my house is post and beam and the cover on the vent at the ceiling max size is 21"W X 18"D or it will hit the beam

I think I need a 24"D hood capable of 900 CFMs, that can be hung from the ceiling and finished on all sides like an island hood, but the base is built like a wall hood (flat on back)

Comments (5)