SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bebotivo_gw

Franke vs. Kraus sink

bebotivo
9 years ago

Hi Everyone,

For my kitchen renovation, I've narrowed it down to two sinks. Both are single bowl, stainless steel models that measure roughly 30 in by 17 in. on the interior. One is 16 gauge and one is 18 gauge, and I'm OK with either.

The first is a Kraus # KHU100R3-32. The second is a Franke Grande GDX11031. They are fairly close in price.

Pros and Cons:
The Kraus has a slight radius to the corners, about 0.75 in, while the radius of the Franke is larger at 2 inches. So the Kraus has a slightly more angular look, which I like.

The Kraus has those four drain line indentations at the bottom of the bowl and the Franke does not. Not sure if I like the look of the lines, and I feel like crumbs might get stuck there.

Lastly, I'm under the impression that the finish on the Franke might be a little nicer, meaning a little bit smoother and more lusturous. Someone on this board mentioned that the Kraus wasn't finished as well in the corners.

Since I'm not able to see these sinks in-person, I was wondering if anyone has seen a Franke and Kraus and could compare them? I'm trying to determine if there is a difference in their finish?

Many thanks for any input!

Comments (26)