SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stei7141

Sinks: Blanco vs. Kindred vs. Franke

stei7141
16 years ago

We are interested in getting a large, single bowl, undermount stainless sink with outside dimensions of approximately 30" x 19". I thought we had settled on the Blanco 501-113-8. I like the fact that it is only 8" deep, so even with the countertop, it would not be impossibly deep for us or for our kids. Of course, adding a grid would more or less make up for the depth of the countertop.

As I started to look around, I found both the Kindred US1930/90RK/E and the Franke OAX110. The three sinks are all 18 gauge, and the exterior dimensions of all three are approximately the same. However, the Kindred and the Franke are both 9" deep. Also, those two sinks have the advantage of having the drain in the back instead of centered in the bowl. I have seen the Blanco in person but not the other two. As for price, I found the Blanco to be the most expensive followed by the Franke and the Kindred, but the price difference is not that dramatic especially for an item in the kitchen that will be getting constant use. I've also looked at the Ticor sink from Galaxy Tool Supply. While it is a terrific price and comes with all sorts of extras, it is 10" deep, which seems too deep for us. If it came in a shallower model, we'd get it in a heartbeat.

So, for those of you who went through a similar search, I'd appreciate any input you could provide. Also, I'd like to hear from owners of the Blanco, Franke, and Kindred sinks. Are you happy with your sink? Do you like the quality, finish, soundproofing, etc.? Thanks so much for your help. This is one part of our kitchen planning that has just started to make me crazy!

Comments (28)