SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluescootergirl

Rohl Allia vs Blanco Profina vs Franke Farm House Sink?

bluescootergirl
5 years ago

Hello,

Currently planning a major kitchen remodel for our ranch style house. The showpiece will be a beautiful Lacanche Savigny range, so I want the rest of the kitchen to 'work' with that but I don't want it to look like I'm trying to create a traditional French Country kitchen.

I've been leaning towards a fireclay sink. Currently have a Franke SS Orca which has been great. It comes in fireclay, but I'm thinking cleaner rectangular lines might be better.

I'm short (5'3") and my DH suggested I might find an apron front more comfortable than an undermount. But, I was also thinking that it could be easier to replace an undermount sink if something went wrong with the fireclay than it would be to replace an apron front style. So, I'm not sure what to do.

I think I've narrowed it down to the Franke farm house (FHK710-33) which has a center/back drain OR the Blanco Profina which has a center/center drain, but also has a ledge for some accessories a la Galley Sink, OR the Rohl Allia undermount, which has an offset/center drain.

Anyone here have experience with any of these sinks? Also, any advice about why a certain drain placement is preferable to another? My inclination is to prefer a style that doesn't have the drain right smack in the center of the sink, but I'm not sure why!

Oh, and in case it matters, I plan on using a grate at the bottom of whichever sink I decide on. I figure it will help protect the bottom from stains, scratches and chips, and make life easier on my back when I have to scrub something more vigorously. :)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (9)