SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zipdee

How to take two dollar store garlands and ....

zipdee
14 years ago

Turn them into something. ;)

I'm sure a lot of you already know how to do this. You take two different kinds cheapy dollar store garlands, put them together and fluff. This is your base.

Now .. take a stroll outside and see what type of evergreens you can get your hands on. Two different kinds is good, three or more are great. Clip a good bunch of each and haul back inside. Now clip them down to manageable size and start poking and weaving the clipping through your base garland.

Here I used white pine, two kind of boxwood and camilla which is all growing in my yard .. any greens will work though. You can see Santa's helper in the back ground clipping as I'm stuffing. Excuse the mess .. work in progress here.

Now add what ever your fancy to perk up your garland, sky is the limits. I kept in the color scheme I'm using this year and fairly simple and used white, red and lime green berry picks from Dollar tree and some more Cardinals.

And finished garland. $4 worth of base garland, $6 worth of picks and $6 worth of Cardinals which I'll have for next year.

Comments (37)