SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Finally, a Tree! See our Dollar Store Special

User
12 years ago

After ongoing construction blocked access to our entire trove of Christmas decorations, I had decided to forego them completely until I posted (whined?) about the situation on this forum.. Following some excellent advice received here I decided to try to replace our big tree, whose lights have slowly been winking out over the past few years. A serendipitous find at Costco, a trip to the dollar store, and an hour or so resulted in our 2011 Christmas tree!

The ornaments are mostly twisted plastic candy canes in two sizes, with a few plastic ball ornaments in red, green and gold. We bought out the store of the large candy canes! The small ones were on a bead garland that really looked cheap and awful (imagine, from the Dollar store, lol) so DS pulled them off and we hung the small canes individually.

And the best "decorations" of all, our furry friends Maddie (jack Russell/ rat terrier mix, left) and Mr. Fluffy (Llhasa Apso mix) in their matching red Christmas sweatshirts. They make any room look warm and festive!

{{!gwi}}
Oh, and we did end up with a tree topper.... the dogs' new squeak toy happened to be a red gingerbread man, so when they tore out the squeaker and started to eat the toy (in about 15 min) I put it on top of the tree!

Comments (12)