SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

LR Drapes help me please. :)

User
15 years ago

I want to finish decorating my LR. What drapes (type and color) should I put up? I do plan on buying at least a 2" diameter rod and raising it up. I don't know whether I want them to be stationary or close. Does it really look that bad if you have it full enough on the side and just leave it open? Right now I've been fine with it open. Had sheers up for awhile but decided I really didn't like them at all. I know valances aren't in style but I do like my current curtains/drapes IRL. However I think they look horrible on photos. My thoughts were I needed full panels. I do plan on buying some more decorative pillows and getting rid of the matching ones. I'd like to have one of the matching pillows made smaller for the wingback chair across the room. I'm trying to get this figured out for all the sales before and after Christmas. I can't afford to spend $400 on drapes. $200ish or less is more in my budget.

The window is 100" wide including trim. I was going for an old world/traditional look.

The blue cube is a cat toy. I do plan on getting a different lamp for the round table near the window. That's what I have at the moment though.

{{gwi:1893399}}

{{gwi:1893397}}

{{gwi:1893398}}

{{gwi:1581347}}

Comments (94)

• Valerie Noronha
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Looks like you are leaning towards the PB drapes--which are lovely. I've admired them several times. Ultimately, I did not get as it's a matter of how much you want to open and close the drapes (which I wanted to do daily) and if you want to have to "dress" them everytime you open them up. The designer at Calico Corner said if you don't want to have to arrange folds when you open pinch pleats are the best option. I'm sure kmcg can tell you if she needs to arrange the little folds after she opened her drapes or those folds drape that way naturally. In any case if you want to leave them pretty much open all the time that is probably fine--if you want them operable then the very "stiffness" you see with the pinch pleats is what gets them to keep their nice folds with no fuss. I really like her look with the wood shades in between. Either is fine--just a matter or the look and function you are trying to achieve.

• Kathleen McGuire
    15 years ago

Thanks Val! You are right. If you plan on closing them, then yes, pinch pleats are the way to go! It is still a great look. I probably would've gotten those, but I'm not sure PB had them at the time. They do now. I will warn you that they are more $$ than you want to spend. I just got so tired of obsessing, I just bit the bullet. The best of both world's for you are the antique satin from jcp. They are not too shiny and work well in a relaxed room as well. I had them when I first got married....because I grew up with them and hadn't found my decorating voice yet!! In other words, becaue my mother had them, lol!!! How's that? And just like her I had them hung on a traverse rod over sliding doors! I was very happy with them and still consider them a nice drape. As far as the drapes I have now, Val is right again! After I took the pic of them closed, I fussed a bit to get them back the way I had them. Not too bad, but they are always open so it is not an issue.

• Related Discussions

Help me pick a color for LR drapes

Q

Comments (11)
    Astrid: Your windows will look much bigger once the trim is up. Here is my advice aboutt getting things done: 1) Be patient! Save the accessorizing for last. For example, if you put stuff on the wall now, once the trim is up, you may find that you need to relocate your wall items because they are no longer positioned properly in proportion to the window. And if you buy new furniture, the new furniture arrangement could require a repositioning of the artwork, as well. Then you'll have new holes in your wall, then you'll have to repaint. . . ack! 2) Make a list of everything--everything--you want to do with this room. Then, re-order the items according to what needs to be done when. Then, tackle each one at a time. Trying to decide on everything at once will leave you feeling overwhelmed. What I see so far in the room: a lovely piano, a nice rug, and a cozy wood stove. Are you going to stay with the wall color that is currently on the wall? My list for this room would be: 1) tile wood stove area 2) finish trim 3) paint walls (if wall color will change) 4) select furniture 5) select window treatment 6) begin to collect artwork that you love for the walls If you take the time to carefully and methodically "build" the room of your dreams, you will be so much happier with the end result than if you try to make it happen hodge-podge. Just my unsolicited $.02, of course. :)
    ...See More

Please help me refurnish my LR!

Q

Comments (21)
    Have you seen deco chairs like that in person? They are really massive in scale. They would tend to overpower anything but a very bulky sofa. I think you can use a lighter scaled pair of chairs, especially if one of them has a small side table next to it. Go too large and you will start to cut off the DR. For end tables I would look at bedside chests and tables if you want something more solid. You used to be able to find simple solid cubes but I haven't seen many lately. Ethan Allen Chest: Here is my LR/DR which is quite large at 25 x 16 x 10 ceiling, and most of the seating is not massive in scale: the sofa is long at 96", My lamps are the same era as yours, and I think mine could have larger shades really. They did tend to go pretty big back then. The decor is not closely coordinated because I tend to add things I like as I go along.
    ...See More

Please help me choose drapery colors (pics included)

Q

Comments (15)
    Thank you all for so much great feedback! You have all given me alot to think about. What I have done so far is order a panel from overstock.com to try out. They seem to be a subtle 2-toned so I ordered it in three different color combos so I have some choices. I wish I could do something a little more custom, I found some gorgeous fabrics online that I love but I need at least 28 yards so that would cost way beyond my budget. And since I need 120" length, that seriously limits my choices of ready made. So I am really hoping these from overstock will work! Thanks again for all of your input, it is really nice to have a place to get such good input so quickly!
    ...See More

Show me your LR drapes

Q

Comments (25)
    Those panels are nice. I would start with the drapes first...then select the paint color. Far easier to match paint to fabric than the other way around. Once you select the the drapes, then you can decide on the rods. If the fabric is more browns then go with the bronze or antique brass hardware. If the fabric is more gray, then go with the satin nickel. From your pics, it looks like the rooms are separate enough that they can be different, but it's nice when the rooms relate in some way. I'd suggest keeping window treatments in mind for both rooms when selecting the drapes. Often you can find coordinating valances if you buy from the same place. For the kitchen area window, think about what you need...light control? privacy? temperature control? That will help you decide what function you want the treatment to perform. Then you can decide if that's best done with drapes, just a valance, roman shades, etc.
    ...See More
  • User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kmcg - Thank you for posting those! They look really nice! So you're thinking the Antique Satin ones that convert (rod pocket and back tab)? I think I'd still like to use rings.
    The Chris Madden ones aren't longer than 84" I discovered. . .

Val - I'm leaning toward the PB style/look alikes if such a thing exists because the real thing is out of budget. I do believe I've made up my mind to keep them open. And since they'd be open most of the time I'd rather see softer edges.

I went to JCP at lunch and they had a huge selection. I even got to see some of the rods in person. They don't carry the Antique Satin in the store so I'll have to order online.

Just the Antique Satin Pole Top are all 80"W x whatever long. In this case 95" L. If I were leaving them stationary I would need to buy 2 PAIRS since each would only be 40" wide each right? I've heard that JCP drapes are skimpy?

BUT the Antique Satin thermal back tab? There aren't the same are they? They're only 40" W x 95" . I'm assuming that's a pair also.

I did buy panel by the brand name Peri there. Can't find them online.. They were out of 95" so I got the 84" in a linen color just to see. I did see the LaScala Silk bronze drapes but I honestly didn't really like the color in person. They looked like a muck color and I thought they looked much nicer online. I thought they looked pretty brown in the store and I know when I bought those green pillows and got them home they looked brown. . .
    I'll see how these linen color ones do first I suppose.

Also bought a lamp. Doh! :)

Pillows... do you guys like the new pillows?

Again thanks for your help and patients! I apologize for being so darn wishy washy.

• Kathleen McGuire
    15 years ago

It sounds like you are making progress! Through all this, you are realizing what you like and don't like! Just one more thing you might consider. The antique satin pinch pleat on rings won;t look as stiff as they do with the traverse rod, I think. So, if you find the size and color you want, don't discount them because of the pinch pleats. You can still use rings with the hooks on back like PB. It might be a small concession to mnake to get the look your after. You might be pleasantly surprised!

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

What about these
    "Just the Antique Satin Pole Top are all 80"W x whatever long. In this case 95" L. If I were leaving them stationary I would need to buy 2 PAIRS since each would only be 40" wide each right? I've heard that JCP drapes are skimpy?

BUT the Antique Satin thermal back tab? There aren't the same are they? They're only 40" W x 95" . I'm assuming that's a pair also. "

Are all the pinch pleat ones online on a traverse rod?

My coworker was telling me she thinks I need to get a color like the bronze LaScala silk.

I can't wait to get home and see these drapes up. I'm suppose to go bake cookies with my Aunt and Sister...I'm not much feeling like it. Weather is crappy here too so I might not go. (Snow and sleet)

Do noone like my pillows?

• Valerie Noronha
    15 years ago

kmcg: I was always wondering if what the designer said was true--about having to fuss with the PB type drapes since they always look so pretty in pics. I love your look with the layered treatments. Nice idea, to fill in the gap with the decorative plates.

shee: I know you are leaning towards the backtab at this point, but to answer your question about the pinch pleats, no they do not need to be on a traverse rod, though that is the way they are traditionally hung and they way I hung my at first. See, these are the JCP Antique Satin ones in sage.

First on a travese rod (DIY didn't go very well at first as you can tell):

Didn't like the look so later switched over to the Levelor rod:

Drapes can be really confusing. I think I learned the hard way--trying different options to get the look I wanted.

Just be real sure you are OK with them being stationary panels if you go with the backtabs since I'd guess the arranging you'd need to do after opening/clsoing is with the folds on the top. Otherwise, if you decide later you need privacy/light control, you'd need to do a layered treatment like kmcg has, which while quite lovely, probably costs quite a bit more for the woven wood blinds. It does bear to think it out very carefully.

As for the return policy at JCP, I ordered my drapes in three different colors at one point and the only thing I was out was the delivery charges. As I returned and had delivered to the store, there was no return shipping charge and cost to deliver to the store was negligible. With any made-to-length I'd imagine it's a different story.

• Kathleen McGuire
    15 years ago

I love val's bedroom drapes! If that is the look you want, then I suggest do as she did. Val can attest to the fact that with the opening and closing, she doesn't have to fuss with them, I'm sure. At least with the pinch pleats you would have that option. My woven woods are from Home Depot. Target has some really nice ones in Honey. If I had to do it over the only thing I would change is to have the blinds go over at least two of the windows instead of having four separate ones. Another case of having to make too many decisions! I should've asked here first!

• Valerie Noronha
    15 years ago

Thanks, kmcg! And I love yours as well. I'd do yours in a heartbeat if I were shee with the addition of the woven wood--probably three shades, one for each window pane. Wonder how much that'd cost and if they'd need to be custom or stock sizes? Since it is a front window and there is a TV on the adjacent wall, ideally it'd be nice to have the privacy/light control--but that's for shee to decide. Isn't it funny how it's always easier to make decorating decisions for others and not our own?

• Kathleen McGuire
    15 years ago

Ok Shee, Val and I have it all figured out for you, LOL! :)

• roguevalley
    15 years ago

Val - your second photo is what helped steer me in the direction I went. Thank-you! I'm very happy with what I have. It was an agonizing process. I'm feeling your pain, Shee. We're all rooting you on.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I still would like to use rings for the rod. I kept referring to the back tab because they were one of the Antique Satin JCP drapes. Says they can be used with rings or the other ways. I was looking at both those and the rod pocket Antique Satin because Kmcg was saying they would probably be the best best/material. I was asking if I chose one of those could I use the rings and which ones and how many would I need to order? Heard the JCP drapes are skimpy?
    Are the clips and rings looking like a shower curtain on the rod?? Dont want that look!

I dont want to use a traverse rod. I was asking if Kmcg thought all the pinch pleats on the JCP site were on that type of rod.

Kmcg I do like your blinds. Thats something to think about later. : ) Think they would look much better than white on my window.

Heres the lamp. Whatcha think?
    {{gwi:1896840}}
    {{gwi:1896841}}

Heres the linen colored drape. These have a slight sheen to them. Again this is on the skinny rod for now. I think it blends too much with the wall and looks blech. Also my cute little kitty who I want to string up by his piggers knocked the whole rod down. He decided to sit on the drapes. I have the rod stretched to the max. Its as 120" as its going to get. Think if I use the bigger rod with the support bracket in the middle where its suppose to be itll be ok to stay put?
    {{gwi:1896842}}

Why do I have a funny feeling the bronze LaScala silk drapes will match?

Need thoughts on the color and material.

Seriously, the pillows? Are they that bad!? ha

• Kathleen McGuire
    15 years ago

I guess the question is now that you have seen the antique satin, do you like them? The pinch pleat 150W x 95L is on sale for 174.99! Don't forget, they come in pairs. Or, you could buy 2 of the 100"W patio panels for 239.98. These prices are almost half of what they are normally. You do not have to use a traverse rod with them. You can use rings on hooks like Val did in her MBR. The thicker rod with the center support should be fine. Mine is 120" and I've had it up for 2 years. Remember to move your side brackets out 6" from the window frame. The LaScala made to length are 569.00. As you know, the stock sizes only come in an 84" length. The antique satin pole top only come in an 80" width, (2 40" panels). You would need 2 pairs for 139.98. I would be concerned about the two pairs. You can still use the rings and hooks on the pole top. Mt PB drapes are pole tops. I think whatever drapes you choose, the rings and hooks are the way to go. For reference, one of my 100" panels have 13 rings.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thoughts on the linen colored panel? Lamp? Pillows? :)

I don't dislike the material of the Antique Satin. I still would like to try and make it work with the 120" rod I have. After looking at it last night I think it's more secure than the skinny one I have. The one that's up now is in three sections. It's just not very stable. I decided I don't want the pinch pleat because of the deep creases. I thought maybe the other antique satin ones I named would hang different that's what I was asking. I'm thinking antique satin isn't the way to go unless I would order the pinch pleat that's in wider lengths?

If I got the LaScala it would be the pole top. They're cheaper online than in the store by like $20.00. Price for 4 panels (41" x 95") come to $229.67 that's with tax and shipping. (found a coupon code online) I could swing those if they would look right. I'm going to take back the linen panel and grab one of the bronze LaScala panels to see first. Hopefully after work tonight.

• Kathleen McGuire
    15 years ago

I don't see why the 120" rod wouldn't work. That's what I have and you say your window is 6" less than mine. I think that's fine as long as you have the center support. What is the width of your window from outside frame to outside frame? If you bring your brackets 6" out from the frame on either side for a total of 12", what is the total width? That's what I did and mine is still 120" rod. And yes, without the pinch pleats they will hang more like mine. The LaScala seem to be more to your liking, so I think you have narrowed it down and that is good. You can still use the rings. Now all you have to do is settle on the color! Another option is to get the 4 panels and have someone sew 2 panels together. Then you wouldn't have to worry about them separating. I did that once!

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Width of window from outside frame to outside? Meaning includeing the trim? 100". The trim is I think 2 1/2" wide. So 6 inches on each side would be 112" with 8" remaining.
    DH's Grandma worked in a sewing factory for years so I could talk to her about sewing them together.
    Think 2 panels on each side will be full enough?

I think the color will work but not sure about the sheen.

I can't wait to find out.

The clips, maybe this is a silly question, but where do you start them on a panel? Right at the edge or move them in so many inches to start the first one?

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Somebody please comment on the lamp and pillows

• bbstx
    15 years ago

Sorry if this has already been discussed...trying to get out of town and don't have time to read the entire thread.

Concerning the twisted curtain rods: I had lovely silver leaf twisted rods from Antique Drapery Rods (google for website). Loved the look, but they were TOTALLY unfunctional. The rings will not slide on them. The only way to open/close the drapes was to get on a ladder and move each ring by hand, and you know that didn't happen!

• ctlane
    15 years ago

Hi Sheesharee. I have been following along as you painted your livingroom and now with your drapes. Its not easy but it is fun.
    I wanted to say I love the lamp and also the pillows Ha, although with the pillows it will depend on what you choose for drapes.
    You are getting some great advice from the ladies here.

• roguevalley
    15 years ago

I think your lamp and pillows are great. As far as the linen color, I think that looks good. I like the linen better than the ivory. I personally think the gold color of the pillows would look great as the drape color. As far as style goes, if you aren't liking the pleats, the pics that kmcg posted seem like they are just what you are looking for.

I just want to add, as far as your rod goes, I don't think you need to worry if you use one center support as kmcg is advising you. My rod is HEAVY. I only have the one center support (because I close them) and it had to be beefy because of the weight. But, I don't think yours will be near as heavy as mine, so you should be good to go.

• Kathleen McGuire
    15 years ago

Ok, like you said, mine is 6" wider than yours, so I think you will be fine with the 120". Use the center support. It will prevent it from sagging in the middle. Using either clips or hooks is a personal preferance. I was able to use clips on the PB drapes because they had those little threads sewn onto the back. I clipped them onto those. I'm pretty sure the JCP drapes won't have that, so I would use hooks and rings. You could try both and see which look you prefer. If you use hooks with rings I will look on mine and tell you where the thread is so and how far apart so you can mark dots on yours for the hooks. Easy peasy! It is probably a smart idea to talk with your DH grandmother first about if she can do the sewing. She can probably help you with the hooks if you use them.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bbstx - Thanks for the heads up with the twisted rod. It does look pretty but I can see where one would have problems sliding it.

ctlane - Thanks! That's cool you've been watching my lr transformation. Hoping whatever I end up with I can keep the pillows. We'll see.

Roguevalley - I think I'll be ok with the rod now too. I have to pull kind of hard to get the new one apart. This is a good thing.

Kmcg - I would rather use hooks with rings. I like the look better. If you could check and see how far apart that would be great. What's the back look like? Just a little slit in the material? Wouldn't you then see the hook through the front? Hmm.. I doubt the LaScala I'm looking at are lined.... I'll have to check.
    "easy peasy!" Love that! Did you ever watch the cartoon Hoodwinked? Red Riding Hood... cute movie. Has a squirrel named Twitchy in it and one of his lines is,"easy peasy boss!" Have to watch it I suppose!

• CaroleOH
    15 years ago

I like the pillows But the drapes are a little pale. I think the drapes the bronze color would be perfect - especially with the pillows.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well I bought a bronze panel and found some brown ones too.

Got a speeding ticket on the way home so I'm not sure what this means for my curtains. I've listened to my lovely DH gripe since I told him. They didn't take it easy on me and I'm sure I got points. Insurance usually goes up when this happens eh? I'm going to call the judge tomorrow and see what I can do.

blahblahblah. the cop was a real jerk.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well here they are. Keep in mind it will be on a thicker rod, raised up and the drapes will be out farther. Also will be on rings. I was too lazy/tired to mess with the rings tonight.

I think my wall color appears lighter in these pics than IRL.

LaScala silk in Bronze. Panels are 41" x 95"
    {{gwi:1896843}}

Target - Rich Chocolate color. Panels are 54" x 95"
    One panel just to show the width. Id be using at least two panels of whatever Id buy.
    {{gwi:1896844}}
    Heres two. They need scrunched together a bit more.
    {{gwi:1896845}}

What looks best or neither? At this moment in time I think I like the dark brown better.

By the way, Kmcg I realized then that theres a double layer in the top part for making spots for hooks. Duh.

As Im finishing typing this I think I like the bronze ones too.

• moonkat99
    15 years ago

One vote for the bronze :)

btw, kmcg I LOVE the idea of hanging something on the wall above the windows that's hidden when the drapes are pulled & shows when they're open. I think I'm stealing that idea for my LR, so thanks! :)

• mldao
    15 years ago

Another vote for the bronze.

Do you guys have traffic school back east? Out here if you get a ticket you can pay quite a bit more but go to traffic school and it doesn't show on your DMV record. You're able to do this every 18 months. Traffic school is like a day in hell (everyone in the room thinks they're innocent). In my case I was and the cop was totally wrong. LOL

• Kathleen McGuire
    15 years ago

Oh Shee, so sorry to hear that! I understand why you weren't up to fussing last night :( Anyway, I like the bronze, but I also like the chocolate a teensy bit more for some reason. Probably because I had seen 'chestnut' in JCP I think and wondered to myself if those would work. Only you can judge (sorry, not a good word to use right now) what it looks like irl. Pics are so different.

• Kathleen McGuire
    15 years ago

I just looked and jcp has a 'copper brown' LaScala. Don't know what it looks like irl. For some reason I'm seeing something like that with you sofa fab. Or maybe I'm teetering on the edge?

Here is a link that might be useful: click copper brown

• Kathleen McGuire
    15 years ago

I am so annoying aren't I? Did a search and low and behold shee, I found a thread with you asking about the copper Lascala's! Anyway, revisit that thread. The pics of the copper look nice!

Here is a link that might be useful: copper LaScala's

• CaroleOH
    15 years ago

I like that JCP coppper brown. I think it's the picture where one panel is pulled over to the left?

Of the ones you have at home I like the chocolate one better because it complements your wall color nicely and your furniture too. The bronze, which looks more gold to me seems to compete with the wall color - they're very similar.

The JCP copper bronze looks a little lighter than the target one and may just be the perfect compromise!

Sorry about the ticket. In some towns here in Ohio they have the traffic school. Not all tho, and generally the cop lets you know its an option, but I'd call the city and see if they offer it. You have to pay $200 to go to the class, but you don't get any points. I consider it a legal form of bribery!!

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kmcg - I was speeding just ... well, I don't really have an excuse I'm just not real happy about the whole thing.

No, no you're not annoying! I did think the bronze sort of blended with the wall last night. Then I thought it looked good. Ha. I asked DH what his opinion was and he first said,"which ones were cheaper?" I didn't tell him and he said he liked the dark ones better. Thought there was "too much gold in the room." The bronze drapes are slightly darker than the bronze/gold pillows I have.

I do like the copper brown drapes. The choc. brown ones I have in these pics are very close in color, I think. The main reason I was steering away from the brown then last night was because of the lamp base? Does it blend in in a bad way? I do like that lamp and don't know what other color base lamp I would put there ya know?

Caroleoh - I will double check the LaScala copper brown color. I don't think the Target ones look like "cheap" drapes which is also a good thing. I may have to hang both the drapes up on each side and live with it for a couple days to see. Haven't seen them in day light yet.

I did a search for traffic schools and found one that offers an online course. It's $99 and I have no idea if my insurance company even would go for that. I was told not to mention it to my agent. I have a lot of people telling me it won't go up. I've only been with this insurance for about a year. Don't have any other points though. I have no idea how many points I even got for this. Doesn't say anything on the ticket and he didn't say. It is what it is I suppose.
    Yeah that traffic school thing is totally bribery.

• roguevalley
    15 years ago

So, the bronze does blend with your wall color, but works in your room. The chocolate brown pops against your wall color, and has a really nice depth of color. How does it look IRL with your furniture? I would be more concerned about it working with your furniture and not the lamp base. So for me, I prefer the depth of color of the chocolate brown, and would choose those IF they were working with the colors in your sofas.

• ctlane
    15 years ago

From here the brown ones look nicer, but like roguevalley stated it has to look good with your sofa. I think the lamp looks fine with the brown ones.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Roguevalley - I like the drapes with the furniture IRL. Thought they looked very rich looking. The furniture is darker. The last angled pic I posted isn't true to how the furniture looks irl.

Another potential problem is the dark brown drapes out of of stock online. There was one more 95" long panel there but I would need another. When I tried doing a search for other stores nothing was coming up. Didn't say it wasn't available though. I'd have to call around.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok haha it looks like a floating lamp shade in this pic. Don't think it's THAT bad irl.
    {{gwi:1896846}}
    This pic show a more true color of the couch but the walls appear lighter in this one.
    {{gwi:1896847}}

• mldao
    15 years ago

OK, I've changed my mind since seeing the last picture you posted. I like the brown panels more and think they compliment your furniture and wall colors.

• Valerie Noronha
    15 years ago

Of all of them, I think I'd vote for the copper bronze, though I will say, shee, all your pics are taken at night in artificial lighting. With these short days and you at work during the daytime, I'd really wait until the weekend to see how they look in the daytime and take some additional pics then.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well I went out and bought a Copper Brown panel in the LaScala silk. Then I went back over to Target and found one more brown panel, bought that. Compared them outside and they're the same color. The copper brown might be a SLIGHT bit warmer. I had to look hard and I'm pretty observant over that stuff. They're showing up really dark in my house at night.

I agree this weekend when I see the light in my house will be the key.

• Kathleen McGuire
    15 years ago

Yeah, I'm feelin' the copper/chocolate! I like the contrast with the walls and the blend with the sofa.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Do I need to get a different lamp?

• jewel1
    15 years ago

I love the copper/chocolate. Your room has nice rich tones. Did you end up going with the black rod. Funny thing, I was getting ready to post a picture of the same black rod and rings. I wanted to know what everyone thought about them. I just bought four 33-66 for $17 and 1, I think it 66-120 for $15. I bought the square ended rods. I couldn't believe the price. Now I need to go to the first Loews that I went to and pick up the rings that were on sale. Your room is lovely.

• brutuses
    15 years ago

I like the lascalla bronze the best.

kc, your window treatment, compelte with the little plates, is just great. How would thunk it!! Plates!! I tell you I learn something new here every day.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ah, another late night.

Jewel Thanks! Im finally starting to like my room. I do still have that black rod. I think they came down in price. Mine rod was $25. Some of the rings were on clearance while others werent. My rings were full price.

Bru I do still like the bronze too. Think Im leaning for a little darker though. It is possible by the weekend Ill want pinch pleats again. JOKING! Think I have that part figured out now.

I hung both the LaScala copper bronze and the other Target dark brown up.

I already think I know what the response is going to be. . .

Target left, LaScala right
    {{gwi:1896848}}
    {{gwi:1896849}}

The LaScala is definitely has more sheen than the other.

If I were to get either of these would I need to have two panels on each side? In the pics its only one. LaScala is 41" wide and Dark Brown is 54"

I think the weight of them is very similar and theyre both lined.

I also wanted to mention after two different Target store trips today, I now have a total of four panels in the dark brown (left)

I really need to fix ceiling fan light.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ah, another late night.

Jewel Thanks! Im finally starting to like my room. I do still have that black rod. I think they came down in price. Mine rod was $25. Some of the rings were on clearance while others werent. My rings were full price.

Bru I do still like the bronze too. Think Im leaning for a little darker though. It is possible by the weekend Ill want pinch pleats again. JOKING! Think I have that part figured out now.

I hung both the LaScala copper bronze and the other Target dark brown up.

I already think I know what the response is going to be. . .

Target left, LaScala right
    {{gwi:1896848}}
    {{gwi:1896849}}

The LaScala is definitely has more sheen than the other.

If I were to get either of these would I need to have two panels on each side? In the pics its only one. LaScala is 41" wide and Dark Brown is 54"

I think the weight of them is very similar and theyre both lined.

I also wanted to mention after two different Target store trips today, I now have a total of four panels in the dark brown (left)

I really need to fix ceiling fan light.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

sorry that posted twice

• CaroleOH
    15 years ago

I like the lesser sheen of the target drapes myself....

I find Target to have some really nice things lately. I consider it a dangerous store to shop in. I can go in for toothpaste and paper towels, and come out with $150 worth of other things I didn't know I had to have - from workout pants, to cereal bowls to hair dye!

• roguevalley
    15 years ago

I prefer the less shiny ones.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I was back and forth for awhile. I too prefer the less shiny. I checked em out in daylight over the weekend and really like Target ones. They almost have a linen look to them.

Since they're a Christmas present, DH has to wrap them. I'll post a final picture after Chritmas with the finished product!

• mldao
    15 years ago

I prefer the Target drapes. Please post pictures when they're up. Your room is coming along beautifully.

• robin_DC
    15 years ago

Love the Target drapes too.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths