SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_1288772

Please help me refurnish my LR!

User
13 years ago

I�m ready to replace almost all of my LR furniture and furnishings. I�ve seen what all the marvelous GWers can do and hope you�ll provide advice/opinions for my makeover. Please??

The carpeting (light butterscotch), curtains, and wall paint (soft, light, gleaming gold) are new. The ceiling height is 9 feet. The LR is to the right of the foyer and is one room with the DR. The DR leads to the FR and kitchen. Room dimensions are provided on the floor plan. By the way, the floor plan reflects the future, not what I have now, and is open to suggestions. What I have now is in one of the photos.

Here�s what I will keep. The 68" console. I don�t know what the wood is but it has a red tone. There are glass doors on the ends and a glass top. I love this piece!

A pair of figural lamps (Kwan Yin) that belonged to my mother (purchased in the late 1950s). The figural part of the lamp is 27 inches and the base is 8 inches wide by 6 inches deep. I asked for these when I was about 12 yo because they were so unusual. I�m trying to figure out what size/shape shade to use (suggestions?).

I�d like to work in the Gustav Klimt tapestry. The ottoman can stay or not.

I will purchase an upholstered sofa (3 cushion, tight straight back). I know I do not want a tufted back and I want the arms lower than the back. I�m open to a skirt or open bottom. Please give me suggestions on color and other features.

I would also purchase 2 chairs and 2 end tables. I think the room would benefit from upholstered chairs for the visual weight. I have a couple of inspiration fabrics showing green, one with a bit of red that I really like for its warmth. I�d like to hear opinions on what you think would look good (color, style and size).

I�d like the end tables to have a solid base to hide those pesky lamp cords. Otherwise, I�m open on style, wood, glass, etc.

The art work I found incorporates a bit of red that I�d like in the chairs as well as green and gold. The vertical piece has a metallic sheen.

Oh, as if that wasn�t a big enough task, I�d like suggestions for furniture brands that I can view on-line, then take to dealers for viewing. I prefer not to use PB, C&B, P1. I need some quality furniture that will last some years!

I can�t wait to hear from you!

Java

front of LR

{{gwi:1553219}}

Looking into DR

{{gwi:1553220}}

Proposed floor plan

Existing console and lamps

{{gwi:1571541}}

Klimt tapestry

Inspiration fabric for chairs and sofa pillows

{{gwi:1571546}}

Inspiration fabric for chairs and pillows (not the chair)

{{gwi:1571548}}

Inspiration art

{{gwi:1571551}}

{{gwi:1571553}}

Finally...the curtain material

This is going to be FUN!!! TIA!!!

Comments (21)