SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bristlingacres_gw

Help me pick a color for LR drapes

bristlingacres
16 years ago

Dh bought me the PB Franklin rug over Thanksgiving and I'm having trouble deciding on what color curtains to get. The walls are painted SW Svelte Sage, the floors are natural maple, the furniture is blah and hopefully will be replaced. The LR is open (for now) to the kitchen and DR.

(seeing if this photo works). Dh and I have decided to do white trim around the windows and floor board. I know the room needs lots of work and please excuse the mess- I'm just trying to show the rug, chair, floor, wall color and window.

Here are some curtains I like but I honestly can't figure out which color to choose:

(see the link)

Dh was opposed to the gold, he thinks sienna would look nice. I'm afraid that it might look too something (I can't think of the right word) to have so much dark orange against the sage green walls. I'm leaning towards the ivory colored ones. I'm also not sure if I should go with satin-type fabric. Will it be too glossy?

I should mention the cranberry colored roman shades will come down. They don't go with the rug and I feel that they really darken the room too much.

I'd really appreciate input. I'm really bad about making decisions and then second guessing myself. I just want this room to be more tranquil and warm and something I can enjoy for several years to come.

Thanks!

Astrid (hoping the links worked)

Here is a link that might be useful: Overleigh Country curtains

Comments (11)