SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

More feedback needed about rug for my FR

Valerie Noronha
14 years ago

Thank you for everyone's feedback in my other post about purchasing a new rug for my FR. While the majority liked rug #1 there were also a significant number who liked my existing rug (which unfortunately is too small for this space).

Rug #1

{{!gwi}}

I am now wondering if instead of just reselling the existing rug on CL, I should use it for the neighboring breakfast table which is currently rugless. Then it would keep that depth in the space that some here (including me) liked and provide a counterpoint to the lighter rug #1.

These rugs would then be quite close togther (less than 3' apart). I've taken some pics to give you an idea what it would look like. The rug protector on the floor in my family room is approx. the size of the rug I'm looking at (though it would at a bit larger and go under the front legs of all the furniture). I'm also considering adding a small chair to the right to anchor that side of the rug--chair there now is just to get a feeling what it would be like.

This is how it looks now:

{{!gwi}}

Here it is with the rug under the kitchen table. It may be a tad small, but seriously I cannot go larger and still have a rug in the family room as well. The two rugs would be about 3' apart.

Am I headed in the right direction? While there may be a more ideal rug for this room, I've looked a lot and cannot find a better rug for this price and I'd rather not spends 100's more if I can find something that works almost as well for less. Also, is this the right size?

Just to complicate things further I did find another Safavieh rug on O that would add more depth to the family room, though I don't think it'd go with the old rug so in this plan I'd continue to go rugless under the kitchen table.

The only rug I see myself using under the kitchen table is the one in the family room now since it's a cheap rug, looks good and doesn't show the dirt.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bakhtieri rug

Comments (8)