SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sher_nc

Need more feedback - Round 2

sher_nc
6 years ago

Hello! I posted initial plans for my family of 6 a little over a month ago (found here http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/4791740/feedback-on-plan-1st-timer). Something (well many) things just weren't right so we met with our architect again and here are the results of that meeting. I do feel like we're getting closer to our goal :) Thank you in advance for any suggestions and tips!

Some things to note

- For various reasons we got rid of the 1 car garage and did 3 across the back

- The stairs were moved up in the foyer so there's not as much space in front of the them, but I'm just noticing I lost my stairwell window which I really wanted.

- In moving the stairs up it created space behind the stairwell where I'm thinking we could put a small powder room?? But where would the best place be to access it?

*The only bathroom on this set of plans on the 1st floor is in the mudroom. We went back and forth on this because I really want one in that area (4 kids), but I didn't want guests to have to go into the mudroom to use the restroom. The 2nd first floor powder room was off the foyer (back of where the pantry is), but it just didn't seem like the best place and we were trying to eliminate a bath, so we asked her to take it out which gave me more pantry space, but now I'm rethinking that decision and the need for a small guest bath. And of course my husband is thinking he needs a 1/2 bath in the bonus room/his office which is above the garage. There was one where the storage currently is but we had her take it out :) . Afterall, he'll just be a stairwell away from the mudroom one.

- For the master bedroom, I wanted a private entrance (in our current home 70's home our master was an add on so it's directly behind the kitchen and you can see bed when you walk in the front door if you look past the kitchen :) ). We like the layout but I'm concerned about noise from the great room. Overthinking? I didn't plan on installing the tv above the fire place so it would probably go on the great room wall which backs up to the master (even though the furniture placement here doesn't reflect that). I've walked home where there's sort of a short walk way/hall to get to the master but I don't think we can make that work. We are already over sq footage so we absolutely cannot add more.

1st floor

2nd floor

Basement

Front elevation

Comments (32)