SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
totallyblessed_gw

Need QUICK help on how to fix this wall color!

totallyblessed
16 years ago

Oh my. I think I've made a huge mistake on our laundry room wall. Oh please say there's something I can do to fix it and make it look good. This is a new build and dh will not be thrilled if I've just ruined the drywall for no good reason. LOL!

I textured our laundry with joint compound, which I had tinted to a mustard brown paint color. I applied it yesterday, and today it is still drying, so the lighter shading in the photo is the dried color, and the darker color is where it is still wet.

Here it is:

Machines will be cherry red, cabinets are going to be green distressed with a brown glaze washed over them, flooring is already installed (under paper) and is a neutral chiseled travertine. Here's what they look like together:

I love the texture, but the color is very bright and almost looks cheap. Why do I stink at choosing colors? Sigh......

So what to do to fix it? It is much brighter in person than this photo shows. I want the room to look old world, italian villa type walls. Can I still get that look? Should I wash a glaze of some type over it? If so, what color? Any specific suggestions would be so helpful.

I imagine there is a way to fix this, but I just don't want to guess and make it worse. And I need to "fix" it by tonight, as tomorrow the machines are being delivered.

Thanks for any help/suggestions/guidance. Please help me fix this room!!

Comments (33)