SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theresse_gw

Upper cabs now too white (haha). Is quick fix ceiling color?

theresse
12 years ago

Hey y'all. The walls and ceiling (no molding to separate them) are cream (BM's Linen White to be exact - so a hint of peach you might say) and all woodwork which includes floor-to-ceiling built-in pantries/cabinets are all BM's Fieldstone gray. Also the lower cabs under the sink are the same gray even though they're not technically woodwork. It was all a bit too dreary having the uppers being gray too so I had them painted BM's Cotton Balls (a soft white but still true white as opposed to cream) on either side of the sink white, since - I told myself I could get away with it since they weren't really woodwork but rather are just typical upper cabinets. I also painted the one single upper cab above the stove on a different wall white because the hood was also white and it needed to blend in with that.

Re. the lower gray cabs, I thought the two-tone look might be nice (it was that way in the beginning) but now the white uppers just stick out like sore thumbs. I thought having the window above the sink being gray would help the white uppers somehow but not so much.

Rather than re-paint them (which I'm willing to do if I must, though I dread it), I was thinking that maybe I could take that cream-colored ceiling and paint it white instead. What do you think? Or would it be better if I made it something a shade lighter than the cream, or else something brighter white than the white I had the painters paint the upper cabs (which by the way is BM's Cotton Balls).

I have no pic yet but I can send you one tomorrow (translation: later today)!

thanks very much and please let me know if you have any interesting ideas off the top of your head!

Comments (30)