SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maruha

Another where to end (or even have) backsplash-(Pics)

maruha
12 years ago

Hello! Been a while since I've posted. Like everyone, I've been swamped, and now we're in crunch time.

On the main part of the kitchen below, which is open to the dining and living rooms, I am ending them flush with the upper cabinets, so the white visual line is straight down. Please ignore the iced tea can.

My question is where to end the backsplash in my desk area, or whether to even to have it. I am using white 2x8 ceramic tiles.

We are framing out the window, and because of the placement of my counter height desk, I am not sure where to end the backsplash on this side, or if I even need to have one.

The wall cab to the right of the window is 21 inches wide and is the area above the wine fridge. The wall cab above will hold wine glasses, etc. The space under the window sill after we frame it will be about 2 inches high.

Closer view:

I am just concerned that running it out will result in a random column of tiles crawling up the left side of the window, which might look odd anyway as this wall opens up into the family room/den, but I am also not sure how I would do a small column with 2x8 tiles.

Where should I end the backsplash tile? Just under the upper cabs, all the way across, or something else? Or should I consider not having it in this small area, since it is largely functioning as a desk area?

Thanks!

Comments (5)