SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisaincalifornia

Tell me about your Tree Topper

lisaincalifornia
12 years ago

I know I am a tad early, but I just bought my first ever artificial Christmas Tree (ordered it from Costco--it is their Bayberry Spruce model with LED lights that can switch from white to colored lights with a foot switch) and therefore have Christmas on the brain.

I love a real Christmas tree, but after the last few years of cutting my hands up trying to get the lights off a dried up tree and then dragging it out to the curb myself (my husband travels during the week, so this task falls to me)--I decided that this is going to be the year we try something different. I asked the kids what they thought, and they were indifferent to the switch to artificial (typical teenagers)--so I just pulled the trigger and ordered it.

Anyway, I grew up with angel tree toppers that I secretly didn't love. (I know, that sounds so mean!). They were just old fashioned and grandmotherly looking to me, and I remember thinking when I get my own tree, I will have a star on top of my tree.

So we had a regular star for many years--until a few years ago when I got into Hallmark Illumination ornaments. We have lots of the ornaments (they light up, glow, and color change)--as well as a Star light tree topper. It was beautiful the first year--it glowed and changed colors and also did this light show thing on the ceiling where it projected stars there. Unfortunately it was just the first year, after that it just lit up one color (white) and that was it. The ornaments are still going strong, but the tree topper has seen better days.

Now I am looking to either replace it, or find a new tree topper. Does anyone have one that they really love?

Comments (33)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County