SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cousinfloyd

tell me about your favorite tools/supplies

cousinfloyd
10 years ago

The recent thread about the ARS pruners has me wondering what other tools and supplies you all would recommend. I'm most interested in hearing about things that I haven't even considered yet, so I hope I won't limit this thread by asking about specifics, but I am currently looking for a narrower pruning saw where my larger (~3" wide) saw won't fit. I'm also looking for a good spade with a long blade for root pruning and transplanting small trees. In the last few years I've broken one wooden handle and one fiberglass handle trying to pry small trees out of the ground.

What about sharpening tools or other things you use to keep your tools working well? Any favorites to recommend in that department?

And one random question. The knife I've been using for grafting is beveled on both sides. Would a knife beveled on just one side be better and really make any difference?

I'll make one recommendation myself for starters: Rogue hoes. They're really solid, hold up great, come in a variety of useful shapes. I use them more in the garden than the orchard. I really appreciate them.

Comments (13)