SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olivesmom_gw

BM Revere Pewter is looking blue- is it just me?

olivesmom
12 years ago

I was so excited to get my mitts on a can of BM Revere Pewter in the aura formula yesterday, put some sample swatches up on the walls and it is looking like a bluish to me! I wanted a warm greige, but I keep seeing the blue. What the heck?

The walls are currently a builder basic off white and it is sunny and blue skies out so maybe that's why, but still. Maybe I have some sort of issue seeing blue in gray colors. I painted my son's nursery in SW Manhattan Mist which I swear is a pale light blue with a gray base, but everyone who sees his nursery just thinks it is gray. So is it me, or is it possible that the revere pewter can look blue-ish? Will it look warmer when the entire wall is painted?

I was all set to go with revere pewter after seeing it on countless walls online, but now I'm not so sure. I'm painting all the main areas of my home this color (including a two story foyer and living room) so I want to get it right. The nearest BM store isn't very close so I was really hoping to not have to go back for samples again. Ugh!

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!