SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Thoughts on house facade

neetsiepie
14 years ago

We HAVE to replace the windows in our dining area. Currently there two are double pane 60"x 36" fixed pane windows. One of the inside panes has broken, and I really want windows that will open to allow for ventilation.

From the inside of the house, the windows are about 20" off the ground. The black stool in the right corner is a few inches higher than the sill. We have a counter height dining set that we don't plan to replace for years. So the sills are very, very low at this point.

{{!gwi}}

I'm thinking of going with two 36x36" single hung vinyl with the grid pattern. That would be consistent with all the other windows in the house. From the outside they would come approximately to the top of the brick. Would that look too weird from the outside?

We've got the bay window that provides the 'view' so the dining area windows would just be for ventilation and light.

We're also planning to replace the greenhouse window with a single hung or slider vinyl grid pattern. That is the window over the kitchen sink. The current window really sticks out and is bothersome when people come up the walk. To the right is garage, and the walk way comes up along that side then makes a sharp left at the corner toward the front door. We've got a door to the garage on the right, and we're hoping to entice people to the FRONT door instead.

The second part of my question is that we've just had the wooden columns put up. We'd like to tear out the brick and replace it with stone. The brick is not original to our house. DH wants to do a stacked stone look, but I'm partial to slate. We both love the greens & browns in slate and whatever stone we use will be in those tones. We'll also repaint the house and we're going to redo the steps to the door and a walkway directly to the door from the drive.

So what do you think of square slate tiles? Can that be photoshopped? I don't like the random sized slate, but the square tiles. I saw it on a house but didn't get a picture.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals