SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
firsttimer22

First home. Need your expertise on facade, landscape, and driveway!

A&B
3 years ago

Hello everyone, I've been so impressed by all of your expert suggestions that I was hoping you could help me out as well!

My wife and I recently purchased our first home in the New England area. Luckily for us, the interior was completely renovated, which means we can focus all of our efforts on curb appeal. There are three main areas we'd love your help with. Hopefully the photos below give you a good sense of what we're working with.

1. The front yard. It's currently the largest amount of cleared green space and is perfect for our dog. Though the house is set back a decent amount, it's on a moderately busy road. So we're looking for ideas on if we should clear/level some of the unkept land in front of the road to add some more space for a fence and some trees to dampen the noise. (Privacy fence is a bit out of our budget, so we're looking at a two rail post/rail fence and adding an invisible fence for the pup.)

Back left corner

2. The driveway. It's been prepped for a retaining wall and paving. However, we're not giddy on covering that entire area asphalt. Instead we're interested in laying some finer gravel along with a cobblestone apron and siding (inspiration photo below). We'd like the retaining wall and walkway to compliment this style.

Left

Right

Inspiration

3. Lastly, the entryway. We'd like to give some character to the split level design by adding a portico. We can't afford a bump out, so we're thinking something like the design below.

Inspiration

I'm here to clarify any questions you may have, and I look forward to the conversation!

Thank you all so much!

Comments (61)