SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Considering an octogon rug for my office

Valerie Noronha
15 years ago

Now that my office is done I am looking at various options to protect my floor from wear and tear as DH and I would like to use office chairs with casters.

I found a 6' octogon rug from overstock.com that I think is a possibility. The measurement is going to be tight, though I need it to be so since the closer it gets to the cabinets near the desk areas, the more effective it'll be.

What I am trying to find out is what are the dimensions of each of the sides in a 6' octogon rug. I spoke to the overstock.com live chat and they are looking into it and will get back to me in a few days. By my guestimates, it's going to be about 30" per side. Does anyone remember their trig skills and can calculate the equal sides of a octogon is the diameter is 6'? Think I'll ask my teenagers tonight--real life application of trig skills.

The con would be that most likely the casters would be partially on and off the rug--but I think I can deal with that. The rug is fairly inexpensive--so it will OK if there is wear and tear to the rug overtime and could be swapped out as needed.

Meanwhile, I'd love some other opinions if this is a viable option.

Here is the floor area:

This is my floorplan:

I want to mask it out in blue tape to see how the size works. I think I'll just try 30" sides unless someone can solve my trig problem. TIA!

Oh, and heres the rug in question. What do you think?

Here is a link that might be useful: Octogon rug

Comments (18)