SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Finally Found a Rug for my Home Office

User
10 years ago

I have been looking somewhat half heartedly for a rug for this room for about a year. The floor needs to be refinished but I am so weary of all the other stuff going on ---- like digging up our 2year old exposed aggregate patio for a five inch deco drain next to the house because the contractor sloped the patio TOWARDS the house--- that I can't face the mess of floor sanding right now. I've ordered or bought and returned several 8 x 10 rugs (and that is fun, I can tell you) and nothing seemed to look the way I thought it would. The 8x10 size was also a tight fit because the wall jogs in to create a vestibule.

Anyway, I was at Tuesday Morning and saw a 5x8 oriental style rug that I thought might work, and our visiting DS1 helped me stuff it in the way back of my Prius and here it is!

I had been looking for something more modern and lighter colored, but everything I tried was too busy. I realize this is a LOT of red, but when you're in the room it is not as overpowering as it looks in the photo.

The walls are covered with travel posters from many places we've visited, and the colors in the rug come from those posters.

And it covers all the worn places where the chairs scrape back and forth between the two desks. AND, it was $99 ! The tag said the original price was $535, which I don't believe for one minute, but regardless it was a good buy.

Comments (16)