SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
breezygirl_gw

Finally finally found a DR chandy!

breezygirl
9 years ago

DH and I have finally agreed on a DR chandy! Since I've waited three years to find the right fixture that fits the size of my room, loooooow ceiling height, other metals in the space, and my budget, I wanted to run it by some fresh eyes to make sure I'm not delusional from the long wait. Well....this fixture isn't exactly within my original budget. After three years, I decided it was time to re-examine what I was willing to spend since I wasn't finding anything cheaper that I liked.

My DR and table are both long and narrow. Here are a couple of older photos. Excuse the party prep mess and cardboard mantle mock up in the last shot.

The glass pendants have unfortunately changed to these from West Elm, which don't sit 100% right with me. I'd love to find something like my old ones that are discontinued.

Here's the fixture I like--TT Branched Linear Chandelier. Mtnrdredux and Jackson posted about theirs on a Home Dec thread. I thought it was too expensive until I did some internet snooping and found a coupon code making the price reachable. Here it is in Jackson's room. Hope she doesn't mind my showing it.

DH gave me the green light to order! I can't believe he agreed to something I like! Now I just need to decide on either the polished nickel finish or the antique nickel. Polished nickel, which is supposed to patina slightly, would match my cab pulls in the room and play off of the shiny silver on the pendants. The antique nickel would call less attention to itself and compliment the many antiques in that side of the house. I am leaning towards the antique finish.

Polished nickel

Antique Nickel:

Thoughts on this pendant and which finish would be best? I'm over the moon excited at the thought of unscrewing that lone bare bulb for good!

Comments (59)