SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cplover

Need help with my kitchen color scheme

cplover
9 years ago

So I started my kitchen remodel almost 4 years ago. YIKES! I finished with the major stuff, then found out I was pregnant with my first child and now, he is 2.5 and the finishing stuff is still undone.

The floors are an orangey oak (that match the original floors in my 1957 ranch). BM simply white cabinets, stainless appliances, black soapstone counters with white veins and a carrara marble hexagon backsplash. We have a built-in banquette that is also the same white as the cabinets with a round med-dark oak pedestal table. The only color in the room is the BM Gray Wisp wall color.

Problem is that I am not sure if Gray Wisp is the right color for the space. It could be that there is not enough other stuff in the room so all of my focus in the wall color. I like the color, just not sure I love it in the kitchen. I think I would like it more if it was in the bathroom, or bedroom. It is relaxing but perhaps a bit too cool. However, I am not sure what color I would paint, if I would repaint? For sure something warmer, but what?

The items I still need to pick out to finish this kitchen are two backless non-spinning counter stools, material for the banquette cushion and pillows, two chairs, art for above the banquette, and possibly a new rug to go under the table.

I am not sure where to start. I was thinking a neutral (of course) for the bench cushion and maybe color/patterned pillows. For chairs maybe Hendriksdal chairs with medium oak legs (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S09874120/).

As a side, my house is home to me, my hubby and our 2.5 year old. We want it to be comfortable and warm. I like color, but LOVE texture. I normally go to neutrals, because I feel like I have color commitment issues. Any advice would be appreciated. I feel like I am in huge rut and want to get this kitchen DONE!!!!

Thank you all in advance!!! I know this was a long read!
PHOTOS:

This post was edited by newbieremodeler on Fri, Nov 14, 14 at 13:46

Comments (20)