SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nichole_bronson

Need help with kitchen color scheme!

Nichole Bronson
3 years ago

So, I had a pipe burst and am getting a whole bunch of work done in my condo, which is great! But I have analysis paralysis.

It's a 850 sq ft condo. The kitchen and dining area are getting new floors, new counters (and backsplash) and a new sink. The cabinets however are only damaged on one side and can be replaced with the same since the fronts were preserved, so they are staying the same. Also replacing the walls and floor in my bathroom, as well as the vanity, and while we are doing work I'm getting a new shower door as well (no tub.)

The old design was great, but definitely a bit dated, and I'm THRILLED to get rid of tile countertops. The main problem is I don't like the color families I see shown with the cabinets, the new floor will be up against my wood floors in the bedrooms and living areas, and I don't know whether to paint the cabinets.

It's in an old building that attracts buyers and renters who are looking for character, but it's also a small, city location so it's usually a young-fish and single market.

I simply don't like orange, yellow or green color families, and I can't find anything I like to model after for my floors with the light wood cabinets and counters! Painting the cabinets is an option, but do I need to? And are white or blue-gray too trendy and on their way out?

Other context - the shower has white rectangular tiles and blue/grey/white pebbles on the floor, and a grey tile seat/shelf in the shower.

Also, do I go with the same floor for the bathroom or a different one? Suggestions for the vanity? Would love any advice, just want to get some more ideas. Any help and opinions will be appreciated!!

(My computer is not cooperating, so the attached photo is actually a show photo from the condo downstairs - my appliances are stainless and new, but will add my own in my own replies. Thanks!)

Comments (7)