SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
decolor

Need help with BM Classic Gray color scheme...

J Adams
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi,

After trying out many sample colors on my walls, I have settled on BM Classic Gray as the main interior color in the house (hallways, entryway, kitchen, breakfast nook). The house has the classic circular floor plan, and the living room is opened to the entryway and dining room, while the family room is opened to the breakfast nook and kitchen. What other (darker) colors have you used with Classic Gray that would look good right next to it (in the living and family rooms)? I have tried to match it with:

1. BM Revere Pewter (not sure how well they go together - has anyone used this combination?)

2. BM London Fog - I like it, but I am afraid the dark/light contrast may be too stark, as literally the colors need to be next to each other visually, separated only by wall corners (no doors)

3. SW Gossamer Veil - I think I like this combination, but haven't looked at it enough in different light

4. SW Agreeable Gray - this is similar to Gossamer Veil

5. SW Colonnade Gray - similar to Revere Pewter, minus the muddy undertones

If you have used Classic Gray in your home or projects, what colors do you normally match it with? Also, has anyone tried to darken Classic Gray by 25% or 50%? I want to get it around the LRV 50 range... I really like the color, but I don't want to use it throughout the house, as it appears almost white in the larger rooms.

I look forward to your advice!

Comments (3)