SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovesummer1

1956 pink and aqua bathroom

Penelope
14 years ago

We have a 1956 bathroom with aqua wall tiles and pink fixtures (except for the toilet, which we replaced with a modern white). The vanity countertop is gray laminate with little boomerang shapes, very retro. We don't want to rip out the wall tile because everything's in great shape. The pink floor tile is getting tired, and *that* I wouldn't mind replacing. I'm currently scraping off a wild floral wallpaper and am in the mood for something calm. I'm leaning towards a pale gray paint on the walls, leaving the trim white. Any other ideas? I'd especially love to see pictures of updated bathrooms with these colors.

If I didn't have the gray formica I'd lean towards chocolate brown. I'd love to replace just the vanity top, probably with a quartz counter and integrated sink, but the way the laminate butts up to the tiles I'm not sure it could be ripped out without damaging the tiles.

Certainly I could embrace the 50's look and go very retro, but I'm not sure I want that either. Suggestions, please!

Comments (9)