SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carasu

Aqua and Pink Bathroom

carasu
15 years ago

I live in a 1914 foursquare with a small bathroom downstairs which was obviously done int he 50's; the wall tiles are aqua, the trim pieces are pink, and there is a "baseboard" of tiles which is white. The tiles had all been painted brown with a faux stone treatment, but it started coming off, so I have begun removing all of the brown paint to see if I can live with it as I don't really want to remodel the bath; the fixtures are good....I don't think I can live with it.....and I'm afraid trying to remove the tiles will turn into a plaster falling mess. Has anyone had any experience with enamel tile paint? I think it only comes in white and pastel, and white is fine with me. Does it really look nice and shiny like the surface of tile? Is it a DIY job? Will it cover aqua alright? I know some preservationists would encourage me to keep the colors.....and I thought of doing a black and white wallpaper as shown in a picture on this "pink bathroom" site, but I really don't like the color....

Comments (2)