SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cupofkindness

Shades of Pink:Which of pink would look best in a small bathroom?

cupofkindness
14 years ago

Next on my list of decisions is to determine the shade of pink for my girls bathroom, which is actually two 60" by 85" rooms. One room has a double sink vanity and the adjacent room has the bathtub, linen cabinet and toilet. The rooms are separated by a pocket door. The maple cabinetry is white, and the granite on the vanity and on the linen cabinet is Cambrian Black. The floors are black Amtico tile. The division of the two rooms is actually very nice since this bathroom is shared by four daughters.

Originally I planned to hang black damask wallpaper, but the scale of most damask patterns is too large for these two small rooms. So I've decided to I want the walls to be pale pink. But there are a lot of pinks out there and I'm having trouble determining which way to go. There are purply pale pinks, peachy pale pinks, and of course berry pale pinks which seem to be based on a true red. I am more attracted to a berry pink, but something is telling me that I should go paler and perhaps a bit peachy.

If you cllck on the link, there are three pink rooms. I really love the shade of the bedroom at the top. It is very pure looking, and cheery without overpowering. The second lovely room is a bit too pink, in my humble and uninformed opinion, for this bathroom. And the third picture, the bathroom seems a bit mauvey, although who wouldn't love to have a bathroom like that? It's gorgeous.

I would appreciate the names of the colors you might recommend as well. I have a Sherwin Williams store near my neighborhood, but I'm will to drive for the right shade of pink. I do have a paint sample of every pink SW shows, I'm looking at the colors at the top of the cards.

Finally, what direction should I go in for whites that will be used as trim and for the ceiling? Is there a certain shade of white that will make the pink pop even more? Or tone it down? Should the pocket door be a separate color or would that be silly?

As always, thank you for taking the time to post your comments and ideas!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pink Link

Comments (23)