SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chriskakev_gw

Could you look at my plans and help me choose??? Please??

chriskakev
13 years ago

I have have learned so much from everyone on this forum, but I now need to make some big decisions and need some help. I live in a 1970's split level home. We have three grown children and entertain family and friends often. We love to cook as a family. We are in our mid 50's and are not planning on moving. We finally have come up with two plans. One is a very open plan with a large island. The kitchen, DR and LR are open to each other, which is great for entertaining. The negative is that when you walk into our house, you see the kitchen directly infront of you. Also, there is only a small pantry and not as much storage.

The second plan has a wall that separates the kitchen from the entry. You can't see the kitchen as you walk into the house. It also has a nice walk in pantry. The negative is that it appears to be crowded, but I'm not sure.

Please let me know what you think. There is no other formal DR or LR, only a separate FR down three steps to the left of the plan. Thank you for any input. I am very confused and horrible about making a decision. I trust the wise input from this site. Thanks again.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Remodel

Comments (11)