SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheri127

Please, please help me choose lighting for my kitchen.

cheri127
6 years ago

Hi. I never post here because I suck at decorating but I hope those of you with a good eye can help me with my kitchen lighting.

We're building a beach house in south Jersey, very traditional, center hall. All lighting fixtures in the house are aged brass and traditional in style. Furniture will be typical beach house style.

The kitchen has painted white cabinets, colonial white granite counters and the flooring is 2 1/4" white oak, stained gray, site finished. The pulls will probably be some kind of dark nickel or pewter, but not distressed. Still working on the backslash. The walls throughout the first floor, including the kitchen are SW Sea Salt.

I have three problems. The first is whether to do totally traditional pendants or go a little wild and do something more modern at the peninsula. The second is whether to stick with aged brass or use dark nickel. The third is whether to keep the current plan of semi flush mounts over the windows and sink or pay to have those areas rewired for wall sconces on arms. Pics below; I'm sorry they're so big. I don't know how to shrink them. Any help and all advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Bad photo of kitchen in progress. Cooktop and hood will be between the windows and clean up sink on wall opposite the peninsula.

This is the semi flush for over the windows and below it is the matching pendant for the peninsula that's currently planned, 9" wide. Not available in aged brass though.

Here's another option for the windows, 10" wide.

This is the very traditional pendant that's a possibility and available in brass, 12.5" wide..

And here's a more modern option that I think I really like, 15" wide.

With these wall sconces

Comments (6)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio