SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erikanh

Please help me choose my kitchen windows

erikanh
15 years ago

My kitchen windows are the focal point of my kitchen. I have about 140 inches of space between upper cabinets for a wall of windows over my kitchen sink. My cabinets are already ordered, so the sink has to be centered under the windows.

This is the look I'm going for:

{{gwi:1589676}}

I don't have enough room for 5 windows, so my choices are:

{{!gwi}}

I prefer the more traditional look of the windows all the same width, but I'm wondering if the join right over the middle of the sink will bug me ...

Here's the layout of the cabinets on that wall:

Comments (56)

• erikanh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ci, do these windows look better proportioned? These are 3 foot casements on each end, with a total rough opening of 10 1/2 feet long.

{{!gwi}}

• remodelfla
    15 years ago

I was going to suggest a wider window in the middle and the two smaller ones on the end and then I saw the last option. I think it'll bring interest and become a focal point. I like that option best.

• Related Discussions

Please help me choose and improve my layout

Q

Comments (4)
    I don't think 12" is adeqaute to the left side of the sink. Here are the kitchen planning "rules" for reference. See, rule 11. From experience, we found that a 21" sink-side landing space wasn't quite adequate for handwashed items, soap dispenser, paper towels and-or coffee maker, etc. So that sink related stuff landed in the prep zone instead, which then cramped that prep space. I would do plan #2, modified. End-panel to support the countertop on the aisle-side of the dw --1", 24" dw, 27" sink-base (if available), 33" prep space, 30" range, 15" cab or drawer base and 2" filler. Plates across from the dw in drawers in the island. Where are you planning on putting the trash?
    ...See More

Please, please help me choose lighting for my kitchen.

Q

Comments (6)
    Beautiful start to this kitchen! Here is a fixture I would recommend from Restoration Hardware. The brass is a bit brighter than what you have posted, but that can add a modern flair that will tie in to all the other more traditional lighting. Also with your wall colors, the brass would look great! RH Link (Click here) Let me know what you think!
    ...See More

Please help me choose my kitchen flooring.

Q

Comments (16)
    So, an update: Our highly competent and trustworthy handyman strongly recommended, given cost and durability considerations, that we go with laminate instead of porcelain tile. (The porcelain would cost about 4 times more to install, and budget is definitely a consideration for us.) We found one that is a stone look rather than a woodgrain look. It's not Tarsus Gray, but it's pretty and will do quite nicely, methinks -- a definite improvement from the current flooring. Below left is the picture of what we're going with; the second picture is the Tarsus Gray for comparison; the third is the current flooring.
    ...See More

Please help me choose the right fixtures for my kitchen/dining room?

Q

Comments (21)
    Everyone's remodel takes longer than they think! I'll be 1 1/2 years out on a kitchen remodel we thought would take 6 months, so I'm sure you're doing great. Thanks for the big photo of the fixture, and it does look perfect for your space with a nice blend of those colors in the drapery hardware as well as your somerset pendants and the mirrors. As for the mirrors, really anything can be made to work and blend into a space as long as colors, textures or patterns are repeated elsewhere in the room. If you like the mirrors, by all means keep them as they are despite all the opinions people are giving you. Other people aren't living with the space -- you are. It sounds like your pendant hanging length isn't going to interfere with head or visual space, but I'm not an expert on that so double-check the measurements. If your counters are a standard 36" high and the pendants reach 36" above that, then I think you'll be fine. Some people are putting in elongated fixtures over long dining tables, similar to the ones you posted in previous photos, but I have a dining table that is long with a small chandelier above it and have never felt that the fixture was too small. If you like the colors and shape of the round one you just posted, I think it would work for your long table, especially because it has so many lights in it. You might want to think about installing it with a dimmer so that it is not actually too bright for some occasions. I'm happy to throw in my suggestions as so many people have helped me a ton with our remodel here in the Houzz forums, primarily through the archive of searchable posts. I'm like you trying to make decisions on my own, so it's required a lot of time researching everything.
    ...See More
  • jejvtr
    15 years ago

Is the kit on the front or back of the house? What are the arrangements/type of windows there?
    When replacing windows for our reno I took outside pics during day & at night to help w/decision. Windows make a big impact on the external architecture of the house, I'd start there.

GL

• mindstorm
    15 years ago

I'll hang onto remodelfla's first instinct and offer one more vote for a wide central pane and the narrower windows on the sides - in fact, even your first one looks fine to me. The third, not so much. Because there is not much of a difference between the central and the sides, what you notice is an inequilibrium in the arrangement and it is just bewildering (to me) why anyone would choose a configuration like that ;-)

Here's *my* recommendation - right along remodelfla's first response. That you pick the side windows to be the same width as the cabinets to the sides and make the central panel be wide - along the lines of choice #1.

• zelmar
    15 years ago

I really like the look of evenly spaced windows. I think they add a traditional charm and look good both from the inside and the outside. We had 108" between fridge and tall baking cabinet. The windows are approx 25" wide. We have a vertical divider falling in the center of our main sink also and it doesn't bother me in the least (we had less window space there and ended up with a fairly wide French casement.) What did bother me for the first day after the windows went in was the horizontal dividers between sash. They seemed to fall right at eye level--but it hasn't bothered me in the least since that initial reaction.

{{!gwi}}

• kelleg69
    15 years ago

I have a similar set up to zelmar. The "bar" in the middle doesn't bother me in the least. I like my four windows. In general, odd numbers are what people say to do, but it isn't a hard and fast rule (I am doing two pendants and many people recommended that). It depends on the space.

I think the recommendation to look at the outside of the house is a good one.

Here is another question. Is there a cost difference in any of these sizes? Or does it cost more to get more windows? That might help me decide :)

• ci_lantro
    15 years ago

Yes, Erika, I like that division better. But what matters is which one you like best. I'm thinking my view is a little jaundiced from having (had) a bow window proportioned similar to the first one.

Another reason to like the second version is having more window area that opens, if that's important to you.

I really, really like your inspiration kitchen. Love the window wall. In fact, it's almost exactly what I wanted to do with my kitchen except that I couldn't have my windows go so close to the ceiling (header/ support issue). DH nixed it because he didn't want to put the sink on an exterior wall (Wisconsin) plus doing so would have greatly complicated other plbg & duct issues in the finished basement below. Oh but that picture realllly makes me wish that I had pressed a little harder to find work-arounds. Anyway, needless to say, I'm really looking forward to seeing your kitchen evolve!

• ci_lantro
    15 years ago

Gotta' add that, having replaced windows in my kitchen, I completely agree with other posters that Day One little bothers disappear on Day Two. Your brain quickly adapts to the change because, I think, by Day Two, you're looking thru the windows, like you're supposed to. On Day One, you're looking at the windows.

• ccoombs1
    15 years ago

I like the way the first one looks, but if opening windows is important to you (it is to me), then the first option is not so great. I do like the idea of 5 windows, but if 5 won't fit, then 4 would be fine. Zelmar's windows are beautiful, even though the sink centers up between them.

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

hi Erika,
    I went through so much of this when picking out my windows and had the same issue of not being able to play with the sink placement and wanting the sink centered under one of the windows.

I know it is complicated...

I have to weigh in that I really do not like at all the wider fixed window in the middle - to me that says 1960's tract house.

If you go to five narrower windows, that will get you as close to your inspiration picture of any of the options (much closer than going with one big window in the middle with two narrow on the side). It is a compromise I would make and in fact the narrower windows might make your room look even better than the inspiration room and then we'll all be using your room pictures as inspiration!

I photoshopped a couple of equal sized window options for you. I prefer the 5 window set up but not sure there is enough room between the windows and I didn't have a scale to work off of so not sure of dimensions.

I think whatever you choose your kitchen will be fabulous... I just always think of those big picture windows as looking a little "new house" looking vs. traditional.

• bbtondo
    15 years ago

I prefer choice one. Regarding choice two with having your faucet lining up with the rail on the window: To do that, you have to be very exact with your cabinet measurements. The window over my sink is a double casement with a rail in the center. Having my faucet/sink centered right on the rail was a little tricky and made me have fewer cabinet options.

If you go with choice one (besides the fact that I think it looks the best) you have some wiggle room for centering your faucet/sink. Without the rail, it would be hard to notice if it wasn't centered perfectly.

Now, this is only if you want your sink/faucet centered on the window. Some people don't mind if it's not.

That's my two cents worth! You have an amazing kitchen plan. I can't wait to see your progress.

Barb

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

Erika,
    just did some math to figure out how much glass you would be looking through with the five window configuration. I have 1.75" for the frame on each side, so 3.5" x 5 windows. Then 2.75" for casing between the windows (which I believe is the minimum... it is what I have and I went with the absolute minimum so this is where I get that figure from) - 2.75" x 4. This leaves approximately 22" of glass for each window, plus the 3.5" for the frame, so the windows could be 25.5" (what you and others had already calculated... just had to do the math to be sure).

You have a single pane, unobstructed on the bottom... I think 22" of that would allow for a very nice look, but obviously it is your house/decision... just weighing in AGAIN!

• rosie
    15 years ago

I have doublehungs over my sink with a join right in the middle and stopped noticing it in short order. Like you, I considered a wide fixed pane in the middle but chose all doublehungs here in sultry Georgia as I like open windows and wanted breezes available to me at the sink. Seems to me both options would work nicely, as Zelmar's picture shows for a gang of four, with the deciding factor simply your preference.

• ci_lantro
    15 years ago

I like the 5 window setup Mamadadapaige posted the best of any of the options so far.

• ccoombs1
    15 years ago

I agree.....I like the 5 window set-up that 5 window setup Mamadadapaige posted. That looks great!

• bmorepanic
    15 years ago

Me too for mamadadapaige number 2. I think the repetition is important in the style picture you posted. You might ask about single hung where you can get unequal heights as shown in your reference picture - its a charming detail.

• nwpepper
    15 years ago

If going with 5 casement style windows, think about what it will be like if the windows are open. I assume you will have outward opening sashes. Five operating casement windows will look a bit odd if all are open and each will block airflow to the window next to it. Usually double hungs are used in this type of arrangement. Also, you may want the center one to be fixed so you don't have to worry about the window crank interfering with your faucet, etc.

• mindstorm
    15 years ago

Oooh, ya! If a picture is worth a thousand words, mamadadapaige's second picture is worth five thousand. The 5-window is excellent. I'm no purveyor of period but I like that set-up in absolute terms.

That said, I also think that zelmar's 4 window scheme is very attractive, so the sink/window edge bit wouldn't be an issue at all BUT I think that given the cabinet geometry you have flanking the windows, that 4 windows will be size-wise somewhere between Mama-1 and Mama-2 and so from size-integration considerations that it would be the wrong direction to go. The window sizes in the 5-window scheme is perfect AND it best fills that 140" that you have.

Nice work Mamadadapaige.

• cotehele
    15 years ago

Erika,
    The 5 window example mamadadapaige photoshopped looks very close to your inspiration kitchen! One possibility for cross rail placement-there are windows that have the divided light sash smaller and higher in the frame and a larger lower sash. That would give you more clear view out the window.

Also, I measured my current windows. The glass is 23 1/2'' and to the inside of the trim it is 27''. The glass size is plenty large enough. Especially with more than one window, there will be lots of light.

Good luck-you are getting near the end of all the decisions!

Judy

• busybme
    15 years ago

I really think going with the 5 windows is what will get you to the look of your inspiration photo. The fixed 3-window option won't give you the same feel.

If it came down to it, I would choose 4 windows versus the fixed 3-window combo.

And Judy is right. If you look at your inspiration photo, the upper sashes are smaller than the lower. You would have plenty of clear glass to view through.

In my kitchen, I have three windows over my sink, my sink is not centered under them, and they are double hung. I frequently pop one or three of them open for ventiliation or to converse with someone (usually one of the kids) who is outside.

Just for clarification: your inspiration photo shows doublehung windows but you have been using the word casements (which are the kind that crank out from the side). Have you found casements that give you the look of doublehung? Your drawings make them look doublehung, but you called them casements there, as well. Just want to be sure we're all talking about the same thing.

Sandy

• ci_lantro
    15 years ago

At least w/ Pella casements, there are several grille options re divided lights. With the Architect line, there are the most different options as well as custom grilles available so you can approximate the look of the divided upper sash.

• erikanh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow! I had a meeting this morning so didn't get a chance to check in till just now. Thanks so much to everyone for your responses and suggestions!

Karen, thanks so much for helping me out with your Photoshop and math skills! I agree that the equal width windows look much more traditional. The big picture window in the middle reminds me of a bay window, which I don't really care for. When ci_lantro suggested the 5 windows I thought they'd look too skinny, but they look great in your drawing.

These windows will be on the back of the house facing woods. I won't be able to get them as close to the ceiling as in my inspiration pic because of the header needed there, but they will come all the way down to the countertop and will be bumped out about 6 inches.

I was planning for all casements, but pepper07 makes a very good point about how that many windows in a row will function if they're all open at the same time. Maybe I could make windows 2 and 4 fixed. I'm hoping the window guy can advise me on this point.

I really like how the grilles in my inspiration pic don't come halfway down, but I haven't been able to find casement windows like that. I know it's possible to get custom grilles, but I'm worried about added cost and time. The Pella grilles look like this:

{{!gwi}}

Thanks again to everyone for all your suggestions and support!

Erika

• erikanh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

gglks, thanks so much for posting that photo, love your windows and grilles. Do you have any idea how wide each one is? I looked on the Andersen website and saw the short fractional grilles, and they look like just what I want. I wish Pella had that style since I have all Pellas in the rest of the house. Have you been happy with the Andersen brand?

Erika

• gglks
    15 years ago

so far the andersons are fine. i guess i don't know what would make them "not fine"!!!! they are the 400 series. please let me know if you have any specific questions that could help differentiate between mine and pellas. i don't know what measurement you are looking for but the actual glass in each window is only 20 inches. we had about a 6 ft. opening total.....hope this helps!!!

• remodelfla
    15 years ago

I wish I had the vision that mamadadapaige has! The 5 windows looks amazing! This forum is great... I'm learning so much.

• jimandanne_mi
    15 years ago

The windows in your inspiration photo with the lower sash larger than the top are called cottage style. I know Marvin and Jeldwen both had them, and I think a couple of other manufacturers (Weathershield? Pella? Eagle?) offered them. I think they only came in one height, about 5'6", but in several widths. In the catalogs, they were imbedded in with the double hungs--you just had to look at the pictures on the size pages carefully to spot them. Or they also may have been added at the end of the double hung section. It's been 2-3 years since we looked at them, so my memory is fuzzy!

Anne

• rhome410
    15 years ago

Well, I'm crying now, because I chose the 1960's tract house version. :-(
    ;-)

I like the 5 or 4 equally sized. Along the lines of what Pepper07 said, I chose to have something other than casement because of the angle of the opened window/breeze flow issues. I didn't want to have to figure out which way the wind blew vs which way they'd look right open, and if I wanted them open just a little, I didn't want the window blocking the air flow. Also, they would've opened out onto the porch and I didn't want to create a hazard out there. But that's not an opinion you asked for...

• katieob
    15 years ago

Another vote for Mamadada's vision. Impressive.

Erika, I am very anxious to see photos of your kitchen as it progresses. We are just starting a build (foundation finished today, yay) and I have loved your kitchen inspiration pics.

Good luck and you will surely love all that natural light in the kitchen.

• sailormann
    15 years ago

I agree that the 5 window combo MDP laid out for you will look the best.

We are in the process of putting in Andersen windows. The grilles can be done in any configuration that you want. If you are wanting a super traditional look maybe you could think about double hungs ? Andersen make ones that tilt in for cleaning :)

FWIW - the width of the windows in your inspiration shot is not much wider than the dishwasher underneath it - the 24" will probably be more than ample. :)

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

gosh Rhome... I am sorry. After we help Erika choose her windows, perhaps we could help me find a more tactful approach. Certainly did not mean to offend and in fact your kitchen is one of my top favorites on this site. The creative combination of colors and tiles and the great flow - it is a great kitchen and the window is not at all 1960's tract house - it is just perfect in your kitchen. I am always dashing around the house doing a million things at once, so I pop onto GW and pop off and type my posts out so quick that I don't stop to think... again, my apologies.

As for my inspiration, I got it from Ci Lantro who suggested the five windows and Erika's picture of the five windows... I just spent a couple of minutes photoshopping them so that it might help Erika with her decision.

Erika, as for casement vs. double hung... I had Anderson Casement in my kitchen before the renovation and they are nice because you can open them without climbing up on the counters, etc. One of the cranks did not work though and so I could open it but would have to go outside and push on it to get it to close (this probably had an easy fix but we never addressed it and then ripped them out).

I had planned to go with casement again but the architect thought I should go with double hung to tie in with the windows on the rest of that elevation. I didn't have a strong preference so went with his request. I do have to get up on the counter to open the windows, but with my 8" bumpout (and the fact that I am only 5'4"), I would probably have to hoist myself up to crank open the windows as well.

My house has a combo of Marvins, Anderson, and the old fashioned double hung (with ropes and weights in the jambs). I have all of the exterior sashes painted the same color so you really don't notice the combo of different brands. If another company has the window you want, I wouldn't hesitate to go in that direction.

With this renovation we had to go with Marvins because we are in the historic district and they wanted all wood, true divided light windows. They cost us a ton of dough but are very nice.

Also, re: the header for your window... if you are bumping out can't the header be housed in the bumpout area, thus allowing you to go up to the ceiling with your windows (which I think would be stunning given your drawings). I think this is what they did for me. Below is a pic of the bumpout from the outside.. you can see that there is quite a bit of space above the windows for the structure and I believe this is because of the header.

The ceiling in my bumpout is continous with the ceiling in my kitchen (that was another decision I sweated over but am glad it is the way it is.. it makes it feel more expansive).

• rhome410
    15 years ago

Mamadadapaige, I wasn't offended, just couldn't resist teasing. That's what the ;-) was supposed to be for. Mine are even sliders, which is probably also even more tract-house style, but they fit my budget and are easy to open. (We have an architect friend who does VERY high end custom projects who died a thousand deaths, because we chose 1) vinyl, 2) sliders, 3) internal grids, and 4) white! Horrors! But I got over worrying about anyone's opinion about them after that.) Great point about the crawling on counters to open the double hung. I'm sorry for you for that. But it's great you share, so someone else may avoid the problem. They're cool looking, though!

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

oh good! I saw the ;-) but just wanted to be sure.

I had to get up on the counters during a dinner party to open the windows (too much body heat in the house on an unseasonably warm day). It doesn't really bother me... but then again, I am the form over function girl! :)

• erikanh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

rhome, I've seen lots of picture windows that I really like in more contemporary houses, but I think they're a little too modern for my New England Colonial. I have double casements over my sink right now and they open like a book and allow for a nice breeze. Maybe I'll do a fixed center window with "books" on each end. Nothing but space beyond these windows so no worries about knocking someone in the head walking by. =)

Katie, congratulations on your foundation! Thank you for your kind words. Demolition begins in less than a month, and I plan to take lots of photos. Can't wait to see yours too. How exciting to be building a new house!

Karen, I will definitely ask my contractor about putting the header in the bumped out area. I'm saving a copy of your photo to show him, thank you for posting it again. Also, it's funny because I've been eavesdropping on the contractortalk forum, and several window guys there have commented on chronic hardware problems on Andersen doors and windows. I was planning to buy an Anderson French door for my dining room, but now I'm researching other brands. I'd love to get Marvins ... they have these awesome casement windows that spin around for easy cleaning, but my oh my they are so pricey! I like the Pellas because they have these cool screens that roll up and away when you're not using them. Normal screens do obscure the view a lot.

• golddust
    15 years ago

We just replaced our kitchen windows with Milgard windows. The panels in our kitchen only come down 1/3 of the way so my view isn't blocked by the panes. They are casement and easy to open. I am thrilled with them but they may have been custom. $4,400 for 4 windows - two casements and two double hung for the new bathroom going in upstairs. I have no idea if that is expensive or not. We're stuck matching the originals in our 1912 era house. We only have 4 more aluminum windows to go, having replaced 8 of the 12 so far.

I loved the 5 window look and I agree that not all have to open. Good luck. Love that inspiration kitchen and hope to see photos of your kitchen when it's finished.

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

Erika,
    I vote for Karen's 5 window version. It's going to be awesome. The three of us are getting closer to our tea :)

• mindstorm
    15 years ago

erikanh, Take a look at Loewen also. Excellent windows and excellent product - generally considered equitable with Marvin (and I think a wee bit better). I have a Loewen french door installed in the back of my house and not only do I absolutely love it, but the carpenter who installed it sent the GC over to take a look at the door because he was so psyched about it.

I'm having to replace a rather large window in another part of the house. Loewen was straight away my far and away front runner but for some esoteric reason that has nothing to do with the product itself, we are having to put in Marvins. They're not here yet but I hope they will be here soon. I must say that although I know that they are good windows, I'm disappointed that we couldn't go with the Loewens. Perhaps if we'd had more time (I "only" had about 1.5 years to get myself organized for this window project) I'd have been able to make a go with Loewen.

Loewen aren't cheap - in that they are more than Andersen. However, while shopping for the french doors, I found Loewen, Pella and Marvin to be well within spitting distance of each other and that the quality and caliber of Pella really wasn't quite up to the Marvin and Loewen range. In looking for the windows this time, I only considered Loewen and Marvin - I think the Marvin was about $25 or so more per window than the Loewen if I recall right (perhaps it was $35.00 more) but that's a tiny fraction of the cost per window that I can't keep it straight.

Oh yes, the other good thing about Loewen is that because they have so many sizes within small increments of each other, that you can typically find that a stock/catalogue product will fit the bill for you and that you don't need to go custom with them (although you can - $$$). Marvin doesn't quite have that same nominal range although they also gladly do custom for you - also $$$ which you're more likely to face since their stock offerings aren't so plentiful.

Lastly, before you decide, do check the windows forum here on the make.

• erikanh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

mindstorm, I checked out Loewen's website, they look like they have a beautiful product, but alas, no dealers in New Hampshire.

Mary, I hope it's still cold enough for hot tea by the time my kitchen is completed!

Karen, it turns out that I can't put a header in the floor above the bumped out area because I have an overhang on the second floor and heating pipes up there too.

Marvin makes a beautiful sliding French door, but the 4-panel unit was $6000! Looks like I'm getting the 10-ft Andersen door for about $3000 and a 10-ft 5-window unit (2 casements on ends, 3 fixed in the middle) for about $1700. (Sharing prices for anyone else who might be window shopping). I'll keep my fingers crossed that the Andersen hardware holds up.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me with this decision!

Anybody wanna pick my faucets for me now?? ;) ;)

Erika

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

bring it on Erika... I love spending other people's money!

• farmhousebound
    15 years ago

My vote would be for the 5 windows. We are just about finished w/ phase 1 of our renovation that included windows. So far my biggest regret was not sticking with my original vision of 5 windows and opting out for 2 with shelves on either side because it will look more like the other windows in the old part of the house. Hopefully once the shelves are up I will change my mind back, but love your inspiration picture!

You might also want to check out Kolbe windows. We decided on them and purchased ourselves and our GC installed. When at the last minute we decided on adding a small window in the maba and were going to let GC just get us a window, he insisted we go w/ another Kolbe as he said they were much better quality than anything he could get and he could work around the wait for us to get it.

• jessicaleigh
    15 years ago

erikanh..........

can you PLEASE send me an email at:

cloud-stepper@comcast.net

and tell me where you found that awesome inspiration photo of the black farmhouse sink, butcher block counters, white cabinets, and green painted walls?

i LOVE it!

• erikanh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

jessica ...

I don't see a photo like you're describing in this thread. Did you see the photo in another thread that I posted?

Erika

• erikanh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Was it this one? It's a Crown Point kitchen. I've linked more photos of the kitchen below.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful:

• dreamywhite
    15 years ago

erikanh- I like the 3 large windows the best with the grilles on top!

did you design your own kitchen in a program, or did a KD at a store do it for you? I like how your design layout looks.

• conn123
    15 years ago

Your kitchen layout looks fabulous...Here is a link to a great kitchen with three huge windows over sink as focal point...similar to your inspiration kitchen. (It's the Cote de Texas site with 101 great kitchen elements).
    http://cotedetexas.blogspot.com/2009/01/kitchens-101-elements-to-copy.
    You should also look at jen4268's posting of the update of her gorgeous creamy kitchen. She has three beautiful windows above her sink...

• erikanh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi dreamy!

Those layouts I posted above were rendered by my KD. I copied them into Paint so I could play with them. =)

I ended up getting 5 windows because I couldn't find a casement window wide enough to do just 3 in the 10-foot space I wanted to fill. They were installed last week. It's hard to tell but they are bumped out 6 inches and the countertop will go into the bumpout:

• gglks
    15 years ago

soooooooooo nice. just like inspiration photo. you are going to LOVE how open your kitchen is going to feel. can't wait for more pics!!!!

• jessicaleigh
    15 years ago

yes!!!!!!!!!!

thank you so much. . .

that kitchen is SO amazing!

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

It looks great. You must be so excited to see things moving along after all of your planning. It's going to be an awesome kitchen.

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

wow erika... the windows look great. I really like the two over one pattern you chose. very exciting!!

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!