SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keh_77

Please help me choose a paint color for my kitchen

keh_77
14 years ago

Hi! I am a new member that needs some help with my kitchen. After seeing your beautiful kitchens I hate to post pictures of mine but here goes...We moved into this house a few months ago and the kitchen needs a lot of help but a full remodel isn't in the budget right now. I've been avoiding doing anything because I wasn't sure where to even start. I think I'm ready to at least pick out a paint color. The white appliances will be replaced eventually with stainless. I'm not crazy about the color of the cabinets, but changing that probably isn't going to happen in the near future. We have used SW Kilim Beige in the adjacent family room (kind of wish I'd gone one shade darker) and a sage green in the ajacent dining room. I like the whole SW Kilim Beige paint strip (we used Latte in our bedrooms downstairs), but I'm concerned it won't look right with the color of our cabinets. My other issue is that whatever we choose will go all the way up the stairs and down a long hallway. There is no good transition point so I think I need to stay somewhat neutral. I used SW Believable Buff in our old kitchen and liked it but DH hated it. He would prefer to stay away from anything with gold or yellow tones. Given all that is there a paint color you can recommend? Should I use the same color above and below the chair rail? Any help would be much appreciated! Decorating does not come naturally to me, but I am working on it.

Comments (6)