SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
babyboy91

Do you ever feel...?

babyboy91
9 years ago

stupid? I don't post often (or ever), but do follow along once or twice a week. You all seem so knowledgeable, but I am sure that you have your moments! We are at the end of a kitchen/family room remodel that has gone very well- excellent contractor, workmen, etc. I have no complaints about them; I am my own complaint!
The latest example: the paint color. I (we-ha! my husband reserves veto power, not much more) chose new family room furniture in early spring. It is beautiful, comfortable, blah, blah, blah. So, I wanted a new paint color for the area to coordinate with the new kitchen, etc. The area is open, and I am a person that likes colors to flow from one area to the next. I have AT LEAST fifteen shades of one color on the wall and none is quite right. But, they are all just a little tiny bit different from each other. Today, our contractor said that the painter would be coming Friday! What did I do? I, of course, bought two more shades! And still, no winner.
In the midst of this, my husband, the electrician, the foreman, and the contractor said "what is wrong with the color on the walls right now? It's a great color." I thought I would die.
It really gave me pause. I have lived with this color for about ten years and really wanted a change. But I wonder if I am pushing water uphill? I remember working so hard to get the colors right then and they have been right! And, I know this color would be right. So, do you go for a change just for the change?

Comments (11)