SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jockewing

Finally got inheritance check!! Help me spend it on redecorating!

jockewing
15 years ago

After a two-year legal battle, I'm finally getting my share (however small) of my deceased mother's estate. It isn't much at all, but enough to re-paint, add new light fixtures, furniture, and a rug for my living room.

My biggest dilemma is probably figuring out what type of furniture I need. I have a smallish house where the front door opens into a large open family room / kitchen / eating nook combo. I like my house and it looks OK, but it lacks that pulled-together look that brings it to the next level. Look at my pics and throw out some ideas. Colors-furniture placement-rugs, etc. Personally, I think it looks too busy, needs a cooler wall color due to the poor lighting, and needs some kind of unifying idea that I just can't figure out. NEED HELP PLEASE!

This is the view when you first walk in the front door:

The TV wall (I want to get one of those low horizontal TV stands and a flat screen eventually. Would like some real special artwork above the TV):

The wall opposite the TV:

The front wall:

Another look toward the kitchen. Some have suggested some type of screen or other type of item to separate the rooms somewhat. I recently painted the kitchen BM Azores, which is a beautiful sophisticated aqua. I don't know if I want to paint the living room the same color. Although I love it, that's too much to paint for something that might get old. I would like to incorporate aqua into the living room, however. I love blues, greens, browns. Love Asian and West Indies, mixed with modern touches.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio