SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
orchidnick

I'm stoked, I finally got the D speciosums I deserve.

orchidnick
15 years ago

Went to Santa Barbara yesterday and bit the bullet. Came away with 4 awarded D speciosums. This is not the first time I have had the opportunity but the price seemed a little more reasonable than in the past and George Dubayu just sent me a check to stimulate me or something, so I felt a patriotic duty to spend it. The money however,is going to Australia so they can throw bigger shrimp on their barbies. I hope that stimulates them.

I now have:

D speciosum 'Windermere' HCC/AOC (had that one all ready)

D spec v grandiflorum 'Robyn' HCC/CHAMP

D spec v capricornum 'Southern Cross' AM/QOC

D spec v speciosum 'Charlie' AM/AOC

and last but not leaast ---DRUM ROLL---

D spec v curvicaule 'Day Light Moon' FCC/AOC

The 'Robyn' was a large seedling size, the others were good sized plants which a friend of mine and I divided for financial reasons.

As I mounted them today, I liberated some leafless back bulbs, 2 from Day Light and 3 from Southern Cross. If and when they sprout I will get some of my money back or make some good trades.

DW was amazed how cheap the plants were, $20 each for the big ones, $7.50 for the seedling which obviously came from the SBOE $7.50 table. What she doesn't know won't hurt her, she does not read this forum, thank God. All she would have done with the money is pay bills, buy food and clothing etc. What can I say.

I need help with these plants. I know about Day Light Moon and Windermere but don't know much about Charlie, Robyn and Southern Cross. Can any of our Au members give me some info on them, also what does CHAMP and QOS stand for. I assume its Queensland Orchid Society but please confirm.

A good day, I just need to continue rationalizing that I really needed and deserved these plants and I had an obligation to stimulate somebody's economy.

Nick

Comments (22)