SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lalalandwi

Help me spend more $

lalalandwi
15 years ago

I just took the Chalk Hill plunge! It literally took me several weeks to get my list down to a respectable dollar amount with the help of some getting sold out. I started getting scared I was going to miss out on this great deal & the cultivars I wanted & finally said what's $120? I know there was a previous thread about the high cost of shipping, but they still amount to being cheaper per clematis than I can find around here. Plus, I can't find the majority of those cultivars either. I can't believe all the good ones that are still available!

These are the 1's I am mostly surprised are not sold out:

Juuli - thanks to Miguel & BoS

Tie Dye - thanks Miguel

Harlow Carr - thanks Miguel & gardengal

Hanajin(m)a - maybe because it is misspelled? - thanks Miguel

Lord Herschel

Viola - thanks Miguel - I saw this growing with your Betty & copying you!

Scotii - I am hoping this is scottii, I couldn't find any other possibility.

Anyone else surprised or am I missing something?

Others just to fill in:

Vanessa

Little Nell

Aotearoa

I still might pick up a few more if I get my bonus before the 27th. I really wanted Eyre's gift too, but too little info on it at this point. I've read it is a jackmanii type but listed as a pruning 2? I can't believe that when a plant is distributed they can't even get this part of the info correct?! Especially it being a Barry Fretwell introduction! If anyone has experience with this 1, let me know.

Another that I was really interested in is Heather Herschel. I read it is supposed to be an improved version of Alionushka (which I can't believe I found at a local nursery, she will be beautiful growing up my Vanderwolf Pine!). Does anyone have this 1? By the comparison, I would assume she has very stiff stems like Alionushka? If she is laxed, I would like to grow her with Harlow Carr.

Since they are so cheap, I wanted to do a little zone pushing & get:

a montana cultivar - anyone in zone 5 growing this? Should I try a later blooming 1?

Sundance - anyone experienced with this 1? Rated Z6 & prune 3, so it might just work for me. I'm a little nervous about the weediness of the tangutica group. My neighbor just gave me an offspring of her Radar Love & I will be watching it VERY closely. Sundance is listed as part of this group, but to my understanding doesn't grow like it, just a sprawler that gets 7'x7'. I wonder if it will be weedy?

florida Pistachio - what can I say? I like green tinged white flowers...you should see my latest echinacea collection.

alpina Betina - I wish I could see it in person to get the true gist of the red.

Has anyone ordered from Laporte Avenue Nursery in CO.?

http://www.laporteavenuenursery.com/html/catalog_c.html

Scroll down to the clematis section & see that they have scottii for only $6(of course smaller than chalk hill's)! I checked Garden Watchdog & they aren't listed so I am hesitating. I LOVE the hirsutissima Bergen Park Form! That is how I convinced myself not to get the Lone Pine & the columbiana v. tenuiloba from Chalk Hill. I couldn't live w/o scottii & if I have to order another to meet their $35 min order, I will. Have any of you mail ordered from a place not on the Watchdog?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor