SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimmae_gw

Help me with LR/DR

kimmae
10 years ago

Hello and I need a lot of help on my interior design!

I used to have it more together and in the past years have just been adding here and there with no plan and I think I've ended up with a brown mess. I had a helpful designer 5-10 years ago who isn't available now. She would give me ideas to pull everything together and places to buy things that were a great deal. I haven't had luck finding anyone since; I am going to reach out to some local designers I see on Houzz but the local decor leans so formal and I would like to be more contemporary/fresh/spa. I am going in circles on this and hope that someone with a good eye can tell me what is wrong, what to get rid of, to fix the situation! Thank you for any suggestions; I really respect the huge knowledge base here!

Here are my issues as I see them (and I might be wrong!):
Too many colors: blue (kitchen walls and curtains), brown brown brown everywhere, yellow (wicker chairs, walls), orange (chair, wood in house, kitchen cabinets), gray (fireplace stone, mirror above fireplace, stainless), red (moving this color out but still dark red cabinet under tv).
Need to replace brown slipper chair or at least new slip cover - what color?
Fireplace - have made improvements but still - gray stone I love but needs to fit in better or just get rid of it? Or have the stone go all the way up on the mantel and over the mirror (airstone type product?).
Mirror - I know, so dated. But I like the functionality of it. It can go, but with what? Painted wall? Stone?
So, no art on either side of fireplace mirror - get rid of mirror and put big mirrors on each side, not matching?
Dining room table - this needs to be replaced and I just can't pick one. Not too big, but preferably will expand, rectangle, circle, oval? Copper top?
Cabinet under TV - loved this but now feel like the colors are wrong, could paint it but what color?
Ceiling lights in DR and entry - these can go, but replace with what?
PS - I did have striped blue/orange/yellow/brown/cream pillows and an orange throw but I took them out as I feel like the underlying issue should not be hidden by pillows that pull everything together. I can always get pillows in a new color scheme.
PPS - I am also seeing that everything now is so white and gray and mine looks so yellow and brown.

This picture is from the entry view.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH