SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mdrive

awkward lr/dr combination...need help

mdrive
11 years ago

Hi everyone...I am currently working on furnishing a condo renovation that has and extremely awkward/unfortunate layout ...essentially the 'dining room' is basically a giant hallway that you must traverse to reach the living room....so first things first...

I purchased the arhaus 'annency' table for the dining room and right now I am trying to decide do i center it in the room (only 12' wide!) or push it toward the exterior wall which could function like a 'nook'....from a functional POV, I think i prefer it centered, because you can circulate around the table on both sides, which I find extremely helpful...otoh, it sort of feels 'stranded' in the middle of a room where you must walk through to the adjoining living room....

I have taken several pictures...pleas disregard the placement of the chandy (which was there when I purchased) and the chairs, which are placeholders from an old kitchen set...heck, please disregard almost ALL of the furnishings as the living room will be completely refurnished (suggestions wanted!) as well...

Comments (12)