SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parma42

Want to help me pick out DR chairs?

parma42
15 years ago

I am having so many problems with our new house and am now in the process (actually, for the last year) of picking out DR chairs. The table, which I like, is from French Heritage. The chairs that go with it are too expensive and the seats were uncomfortable when I sat on them at Macy's.

The chairs in this post are from Ethan Allen. They're a bit more formal than I planned on but the back of the house is informal, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a dressier front. Original thought was to have a more Euro-eclectic look with a Soumak rug but an 8 x 10 wouldn't work in the space so after returning one 8' round, hand-knotted(another post) I settled on the one that's down now. It's a bit "sweeter" than I would like, but it is what it is.

Does anyone have an opinion about how to mix and match the chairs I've posted? How about fabrics? Could I tone down the formality if I choose a funkier fabric? I don't want to spend any more $$$ than the EA chairs cost.

Art is another problem. If you take a look at the wall behind the table, you can see that it isn't square. It's just sections of wall parts? that are also problematic. We do plan on adding crown. The ceiling is 9'.

Window treatments haven't been decided on either. The wall color is warmer than it appears IRL.

The LR is open to the DR and is also a work in progress.

Comments (46)