SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olivesmom_gw

F&B paint worth it in my newer home? Color help needed to!

olivesmom
12 years ago

I'm working on making over my 2005 tract house. I'd like to paint my kitchen cabinets a putty green sort of color and from what I've read F&B Mouse�s Back might work. The online swatch looks more gray than greenish, but it seems to look green in photos.

This is my inspiration photo:

I plan installing a dark counter top on the perimeter and a butcher block top on the island. I think we'll be going with a lighter, but rustic looking hardwood floor. Maybe a low grade white oak, with a minimal or maybe no stain.

I'd like the walls to be a light and warm color that works with the kitchen cabs and the new painted wood trim that I'll be installing. I saw photos of F&B Old White that look really nice.

I'm just not sure that F&B paint is the way to go for my walls as they are textured with an orange peel type finish. Also, the foyer and living room are two story, so that's a lot of paint $$$. I want to add character to my house though, and maybe the F&B paint would do the trick?

So I need paint brand suggestions as well as color help for the cabs, walls (just one color as I have a open floor plan) and trim (there will be a lot of trim color paint as I plan to install board & batten style wainscoting in our foyer and hallways). Overall I'm going for a casual, modern, slight rustic/industrial, craftsman cottage look...does that make any sense, lol?

Sorry this post is all over the place, I know my thoughts are that way right now. I'm so eager to get started on this makeover, but I want to get it right. Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments (3)