SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyamity

Fabric/Color/Coordinating - Suggestions Please? (Long Post w/Pics

ladyamity
16 years ago

After he noticed me stalling -- not getting out the sewing machine to make window treatments for our room -- Hubby is the one who said "You don't really like the window fabric, do you?"

Ah Ha! My opening!

After explaining why I didn't care for the dark gold/almost black green fabric for the windows, he agreed but dared me to find fabric that had all the main colors we want in the bedroom.

Don't dare me--- cuz I found some! *giggle*

So now that I made the big visual/verbal production to everyone here at home on how I found this "perfect fabric" I have noooo clue what goes with it!

Thus, I'm here looking at all of you Fabric/Color/Coordinating Gurus

for some direction.

Here's what we have so far:

Remaking the waterbed.

I removed the floral mirror and cane inserts from the headboard.

I cut off about 3" from all 4 of the bed posts.

I still have to paint the bed (it's sanded and primed).

I cut thin plywood the shape of the headboard (the full space between the two posts minus 2" all the way around)

The plywood will be covered with batting and fabric to give us an upholstered headboard with a 2" painted revealed trim all the way around.

{{gwi:1837809}}

The center fabric (my great find!) will be Window Panels. Fabric on right is Soft Terracotta which is also in the Window Panel Fabric.

Fabric on left is the Rust/TerraCotta Coverlet. The Rust in Coverlet is the same rust in the Window Panel Fabric.

The gold on the walls is the same gold in the Window Panel Fabric although I couldn't get an accurate (color-wise) pic of either.

{{gwi:1837811}}

Here are my problems:

1. I have almost enough fabric for the window treatments.

To get them to look decent when I have them closed for privacy, I need a couple more inches on each side of the panels.

Do I go with a print to border the panels? The problem being --I don't know how to coordinate prints.

Or do I go with a solid and use the same solid for the headboard?

If the border trim on the panels should be solid, should I keep with a solid Rust/Terracotta color or go with a dark Gold like that in the Window Panel Fabric?

2. Tailored bed skirt to hide all that great storage under the bed---solid? If so, what color?

3. Headboard fabric -- print or solid and what color?

M.Bedrm Colors:

Medieval Gold walls

Ponytail Ceiling, doors and trim

Dark, dark bark green

Muted Terracotta/Rust

Well? Have I totally lost my mind with this Window Treatment Fabric or can this work?

Here's a close-up pic of the Window Panel Fabric. I used contrast to help show up the colors.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida