SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quilter_robbi

Most of the paneling is painted (pics) w/question...(long)

Robbi D.
16 years ago

We still have the stairwell to complete, but here is the biggest part of the room. This is a picture of the high part of the wall next to the ceiling. The color is very washed out in all the pictures, darker and more golden. It is BM Twiight Gold. Also, notice the new fan!

Before:

{{!gwi}}

After:

{{!gwi}}

Before:

{{!gwi}}

After:

{{!gwi}}

Here is another view. I would also like some opinions on how high to hang the drapes.

{{!gwi}}

Here's another angle of the window. It is 80" from the floor. The drapes I have can be as long as 88" (they are hemmed in the older pic), which is almost the height of the opening to the foyer on the left of the pic. I've put a light in the open cabinet and have some glass shelves ordered so this will be a decorative area and hopefully add some light to this end of the room in the evenings. I have a floor lamp for this area, but I haven't finished setting up the room.

{{!gwi}}

Here is the other side of the room with a the same window and curtains. Can the curtains be at different heights? Or should the be the same. This side of the room has an 8' ceiling, where the other side it a 2 story cathederal. Please excuse how the camera is changing the color of the walls. This side of the room is BM Shaker Beige. It really does look good with the Twlight Gold.

{{!gwi}}

I do want to mention that my dh was very against paining the paneling. It has taken about 8 years of suggestion to get him to finally agree. I did most of the actual painting. He moved the scaffolding and ladders around and was a big help. And.... he likes how it turned out!!!!! He said he does like the paneling the best, but does like how the job turned out and likes the color, too. Now, on to some new furniture and hanging pictures and drapes.

Robbi

Comments (14)